1 (edited by stromkraft 2023-04-26 11:18:19)

Topic: v3.222a won't install macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Did this:
I had driver v3.19 installed in macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (Intel) and chose to install v3.222a over it. However there was nothing in System prefs prior to restart to allow and not after restart either.

The install logs say "Choices selected for installation_
Upgrade: "RME Fireface USB Driver 3.222A"
Upgrade: "(null)"

and:
"Notifying system of updated components"

as well as:
"IFDInstallController 2425C70 STATE = 5
Displaying 'Install Succeeded" UI.

Look all-right to me, except for "null".

Happens:
Neither the TotalMix nor the Fireface USB Settings app can be found and there's nothing in /tmp/ either.

Expected:
Driver to update, apps to be in Applications and the OS to give the opportunity to allow new driver.

I've tried re-installation multiple times to no avail and attempted manual deinstallation prior to that, but there's nothing in /Library/Extensions/ to uninstall nor can I see anything in About this mac -> System report -> Software section -> Extensions.
How can I actually do a deinstallation when the files aren't to be found? I can see the Babyface audio interface under USB, but that's it.

I need some advice here as this development is a first for me with the USB driver installer.

RME Babyface v226 | 4.07 | MacBook Pro 13" 2020 | 16gb/1tb

Re: v3.222a won't install macOS Mojave 10.14.6

You can try other driver versions to check if those can be installed:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … c_3222.zip

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … c_3221.zip

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/driv … ac_322.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by stromkraft 2023-04-26 09:06:28)

Thank you!

At no point does the dialog "Open Security Preferences" show up with either of these four (including 3.222a). Isn't the absence of displaying this indicating an invalid installation? If so, why no error in the installation logs?

Could it be that the installation is error free but somehow macOS suppresses this dialog? Does this dialog rely on Notifications or something else in the OS perhaps?
This wouldn't explain the absence of installed files, but the dialog should happen, right?

There's nothing to allow in Security preferences when opened manually nor any installed files to be found.

I don't have any virus protection or similar installed AFAIK, so I'm not sure what could interfere.

Do I get it right, there are no Totalmix app and no Fireface settings app in the Applications folder? But were they there before trying to install the new driver version?
Never had such issues with three different RME interfaces on at least four different Mac computers…

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

Do I get it right, there are no Totalmix app and no Fireface settings app in the Applications folder? But were they there before trying to install the new driver version?
Never had such issues with three different RME interfaces on at least four different Mac computers…

v3.19 was working fine since a long, long time. I only attempted the update in order to be able to help others using v3.222a, as my main machine uses v4.07.

There's nothing anywhere despite the chipper install logs. Something must be interfering. Will look into it in more detail later.

stromkraft wrote:
oli77sch wrote:

v3.19 was working fine since a long, long time. I only attempted the update in order to be able to help others using v3.222a, as my main machine uses v4.07.

There's nothing anywhere despite the chipper install logs. Something must be interfering. Will look into it in more detail later.

Regarding the strange behaviour I can imagine a general problem with the macOS. Maybe it would be a good idea to make a backup and run the integrated first aid then.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2