1 (edited by Skrzak 2023-04-26 14:57:15)

Topic: UFX+ Thunderbolt 2 no support for i9 and up, under Win 10/11?

I’ve just put my UFX+ on sale, someone wrote me a message saying that there’s no more support for TB2 on Intel i9 and up chips under win 10/11.
1. No problem for me because I’m on M1pro Macbook 2021 and use UFX+ via apple TB2-TB3 adapter
2. I heared that Intel closed the production of TB2 chips, so that’s why there’s no more UFX+ in production
3. I know RME writes their own proprietary USB drivers, but I suppose that’s not the case with TB (2) drivers, they’re written by Intel… or am I wrong and RME writes TB drivers like the USB?

So to the piont. UFX+ Thunderbolt 2 via apple TB2-TB3 adapter, will it work on new Windows mashines? There’s the latest TB driver for Win 10/11 written in 09.2021. So?

Ufx+/ Bfp Fs

2 (edited by ramses 2023-04-26 12:56:54)

Re: UFX+ Thunderbolt 2 no support for i9 and up, under Win 10/11?

What's the hurry? I would first inquire and ask RME support before a good device is irretrievably sold.

I also do not understand why you want to sell the UFX+ when it works under Apple with your current Apple computer as you say. Or are you planning to switch to Intel? Otherwise, the Intel related information is of no relevance to you, isn't it?

The RME TB driver that you mention clearly supports Win 8-11. From the description: "Version 1.17. WDM, WDM-KS, ASIO. The driver does not support other audio interfaces! Thunderbolt (PCIe) driver for Windows 8/10/11, 32 and 64 Bit".

More recent versions of TM FX can always be downloaded from the forum if needed. I would also send an E-mail to RME support and wait for an official answer first.

With the sale, you should better wait. Above all, you can operate the UFX+ without any problems under USB3 (and even USB2) and have/keep TB still as an option.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Skrzak 2023-04-26 13:01:41)

Re: UFX+ Thunderbolt 2 no support for i9 and up, under Win 10/11?

Oh no no, you misunderstood me. I was going to sell it anyway, I put it on ebay and then someone wrote me a message stating that tb2 support is over for i9 and above on windows. I was surprised, that’s why I asked here if it was true.

Ufx+/ Bfp Fs