Topic: Fireface 400, M2 Macbook Air, Macos 12.6 working!

Hi!

Just wanted to let anyone wondering know that I have a Fireface 400 working perfectly on a M2 Macbook Air with 3.41 drivers and Macos Monterey 12.6.. I had some issues at first, but following all the guides it just started working. Most likely this will be the end of the line for this setup and my plan is to have an external drive running this then legacy OS and my other life on the internal and see how long before some amazing software (that I must absolutely have) breaks the spell.

Amazing RME!

PS. I would pay for future drivers.

Re: Fireface 400, M2 Macbook Air, Macos 12.6 working!

There is no reason why FF400 would not work with the upcoming macOS 13 Ventura. Yes, the driver requires a kernel extension, but even though they are deprecated, they are still supported in macOS 13 the same way they have been. We’ll see whether or not macOS 14 in a year drops support, but if any of your FireWire devices run with macOS 12, they will run with macOS 13.

Hi! I own a macbook air M2 and unfortunately by connecting my rme fireface 400 through firewire-mini display port adapter and from mini display port to usb C, the computer doesn't recognize the soundcard.
Although I have successfully installed the driver, without though enable the system extentions. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Hi!, what guide did you use? I'm running a 2020 m1 mac mini on macos 12.6 with a FF 400 through fw>tb2 and tb2>tb3 and i've run into so many problems i'm willing to try anything.

martin.vetter.w wrote:

Hi!, what guide did you use? I'm running a 2020 m1 mac mini on macos 12.6 with a FF 400 through fw>tb2 and tb2>tb3 and i've run into so many problems i'm willing to try anything.

try this and report back on how it went?
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/721151