Topic: RME Digiface DANTE and RME Digiface USB

I currently have an RME Digiface DANTE and RME Digiface USB which switch depending on the recording context.
Both are using the same driver. How does TotalMix behave? Does it recognize each device and remember the settings? Should I save the settings in a computer file (for backup reasons)? Any precautions I should take? Since they both use the same driver, could they both run on the same computer at the same time?

Saludos Enrique.

Re: RME Digiface DANTE and RME Digiface USB

I've had two instances of TM running at the same time, a BBF Pro Fs and an HDSP 9652. I haven't spent a lot of time working with both at the same time though in my DAW (Reaper) but I believe I remember seeing all inputs/outputs available for both devices last time I tried it.

Does it recognize each device and remember the settings?

Yes.

Should I save the settings in a computer file (for backup reasons)?

It's always a good idea to store your TMFX configuration as a file, in case of corruption or moving to a different computer.

Since they both use the same driver, could they both run on the same computer at the same time?

Yes. If you use them in the same app, they need to be synchronized for clock. If they work independently then this is not required.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you for the fast feedback!

Saludos Enrique.