Topic: Where can i download older thunderbolt win 11 drivers of UFX+?

Hey.
After i installed the thunderbolt driver, i dont see it in "uninstall a program" in the control panel.

What should i do?
The usb3 works fine but the thunderbolt wont work. I have the startech adapter and cable which ive connected in this order:
UFX+ to staetech 2 to 3 thunderbolt adapter to dell tb16 dock to Dell xps 17 9720

I cant see it in thunderbolt devices. I think it because the driver doesnt install correctly.
What can i do?
Where can i download older win 11 or win 10 tb drivers of the UFX+

Thank you

Re: Where can i download older thunderbolt win 11 drivers of UFX+?

I forgot to mention that the host light is white when i connect it to the dell tb16 dock. So its probably a driver issue, doesnt it?

Your Dell and Windows 11 no longer support TB and TB 2. This is official. Only TB3 and TB 4 devices can be used.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Skrzak 2023-04-26 20:53:30)

I was asking simmilar question earlier. So can we still use TB2 interfaces like UFX+ with new Windows computers equipped with TB 3/4 ports? For example via Apple TB2 - TB3 adapter?

Ufx+/ Bfp Fs

No, when the computer has a TB4 port.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

An official intel guy wrote me on reddit this massage:

Thunderbolt 4 is not backward compatible with Thunderbolt 2 devices. Therefore, it is not possible to connect Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 4 ports directly. However, Thunderbolt 3 is backward compatible with Thunderbolt 2, so it is possible to use a Thunderbolt 3 dock as an intermediary to connect the Thunderbolt 2 device to the Thunderbolt 4 laptop.

\- Scott from Intel Thunderbolt

So it possible. It shuld work.
The problem is that the driver installtion wont work.
Can someone help and give me link to older ufx+ win 11 thunderbolt driver?

7 (edited by ramses 2023-04-27 15:34:33)

For UFX+ TB driver pls look at UFX+ product page that moved to "legacy HW", see bottom of webpage.
https://www.rme-audio.de/legacy-products.html
https://www.rme-audio.de/fireface-ufx.html
Win 10: https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_tb_win_117.zip

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Look at UFX+ under legacy HW (bottom of webpage).

Sorry. I didnt understand what you mean.
Where to look and what?

Thank you

9 (edited by ramses 2023-04-27 15:40:51)

Motix wrote:
ramses wrote:

Look at UFX+ under legacy HW (bottom of webpage).

Sorry. I didnt understand what you mean.
Where to look and what?

Thank you

As this is a legacy product you find it (and the drivers) under legacy products.
The links for these legacy products can be found at the bottom of the RME homepage.
Where you also find impressum and all such links.

See updated post above with links.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

10 (edited by ramses 2023-04-27 15:53:53)

Motix wrote:

Thunderbolt 4 is not backward compatible with Thunderbolt 2 devices. Therefore, it is not possible to connect Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 4 ports directly. However, Thunderbolt 3 is backward compatible with Thunderbolt 2, so it is possible to use a Thunderbolt 3 dock as an intermediary to connect the Thunderbolt 2 device to the Thunderbolt 4 laptop.

So it possible. It shuld work.
The problem is that the driver installtion wont work.
Can someone help and give me link to older ufx+ win 11 thunderbolt driver?

Do you have a link to such a product for Windows?

BTW, if we have TB 8.0 we have then a "train of docking stations" to provide backward compatibility?

The designers of TB are a funny bunch of guys ... Look to USB in contrast to TB: you can upgrade computers with newer cards with latest USB standards and those ports are fully backward compatible. Similar with PCIe.

Maybe I am missing something, maybe the intention is to cluster computers by connecting them with a "train of TB docks" to form a supercomputer cluster for ultra fast audio processing (sarcasm off). Ill design, frustrating. Not being able to upgrade my PC with a Thunderbolt PCIe card (at least for data transfer without display part) made me dislike TB from the beginning.

So frustrating...

Thats what RME support just answered me when i sent a massage like in this topic:

this won't work – I would suggest to just use USB.

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Daniel Fuchs
RME Support

I guess thats seal the deal

Motix wrote:

I tried that. The UFX+ sees TB behind a Sonnet PCIe chassis (which has two TB3 ports), but as there is no TB driver present that supports TB1/2 it still won't work under Windows 11. MAYBE if Intel releases drivers that supports TB1/2 in such a configuration it might work. On the other hand Intel seems to state that their hardware (the TB chip in the computer) no longer supports the old formats - then a special driver won't help at alll. So this support answer seems to be not more than the usual hotline blabla.

Bottom line: Intel and Microsoft joined to screw their customers. I wrote that before, and Microsoft's representative reply here in the forum did not convince me to change my view.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME