Topic: Phantom power - FireFace ucxII

Hello guys,
I bought a new condenser microphone and I need to turn on Phantom power
My sound card is: FireFace ucxII

Re: Phantom power - FireFace ucxII

Hi
In Totalmix, open the toolbox of Hardware Input 1/2, there you can find the switch „48V“.
Or wasn’t that your question?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

3 (edited by liorms88 2023-04-28 19:51:07)

Thank you for the answer.

Yes that was my question...

Now I see the mic work, But how do I start to listen to him ?
For example, I want to talk to the mic with using ZOOM meeting. How do I do that ?

My DAW is Ableton live

There are lots of informations in the manual and also you can find helpful videos (by RME) about TotalMix.
Anyway some important facts:
With the TotalMix app you do all the mixing for the physical outputs of your interface (headphones, analog line out, digital ADAT/SPDIF/AES outputs).
Every output (mostly set to stereo pairs) can have its individual mix.
As sources for such a mix you can select hardware inputs (top row) - just like on a mixing desk - and also the software playback channels (mid row).
To do so, you set TotalMix to 'submix' mode (you find that in the blue area on the right side of the window). Then select your output (probably headphones) by clicking on this channel strip and open the faders of the channels you want to hear.
In the case of hardware inputs you do a so called direct monitoring: the signal flows directly from the input to the output. Although it passes the AD-DA converters, it stays in the unit only. The USB connection as well as the computer and the audio software on it are not involved so far.
At the same time, the input signals (for example your mic) of course also are sent over USB to your computer / DAW. This signals are not affected by what you are doing in TotalMix (of course except things like activating phantom power 48V and adjusting the input gain).
A DAW and some other applications using the audio hardware normally have a software monitoring function which - if enabled - makes the received signal going back to the interface.
In TotalMix such a signal would be appear in a channel of the 'software playback' row.
What your DAW (or other software) shows as 'output' is always directly related to the 'software playback' channels in TotalMix, NOT to 'hardware outputs'.
That means, your mic audio signal can be heard twice in your headphones or speakers. Latency free coming directly from the hardware input and with some latency over USB back from the computer.
It depends on your needs, what signal you want to hear.

Thank you for the answer Oli.
I followed your way but still don't hear the mic.
When I tick on the mic or speak to it I see the signal at analog channel 1 (that I opened for him the Phantom power)
And the phones output is open to mic right now (The control room), But I can not hear anything

Are you sure you have the fader of input 1 open when the headphone output is selected?

Yes it is
https://ibb.co/BHk2F3L

Input gain is fully closed !
Open the gain and signal will come.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Input gain is fully closed !
Open the gain and signal will come.

This! And also you can pan it to the center (it’s hard left at the moment)