1 (edited by andrey.b150680 2023-05-05 20:55:47)

Topic: FireFace UC does not work on MAC

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to install the device on the iMac(Monterey 12.6.1 INTEL) but nothing happens. On Windows system it works fine. The driver disk is missing. I downloaded and installed the 3.28a driver first , after a reboot nothing worked. Then i did an update fut_usb_mac and installed the new 4.07 driver. But that didn't help either. Totalmix starts up, in its upper part the serial number of the device is indicated and its status is disconnected. Fireface doesn't start at all. Usb cable is new. Nothing appeared in the sound settings of the iMac system.
What can be done in such a situation? Thank you.

2 (edited by waedi 2023-05-05 21:09:27)

Re: FireFace UC does not work on MAC

Sure you switched the device from PC mode to Apple mode AP ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

From the manual:
Per Doppelklick auf den Encoderknopf die korrekte Firmwareversion überprüfen. Die An- zeige PC bedeutet Windows (Werkszustand), die Anzeige AP bedeutet Mac. Der Doppel- klick wechselt automatisch zwischen den beiden Firmwareversionen. Hinweis: Eine Ände- rung ist nur möglich wenn das Gerät nicht am Computer angeschlossen ist.

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

waedi wrote:

Sure you switched the device from PC mode to Apple mode AP ?

Where is that switch ? smile

Check the correct firmware version by a double click on the rotary encoder button. The display PC means Windows, the display AP means Mac. The double click automatically switches between both versions. Note: a change of state is only possible when the unit is not connected to the computer.

Ok. Now much better! Fireface Usb Settings now works. RME appeared in the system sound settings. But in Totalmix is still disconnected.

In Mac system preferences audio devices is the RME UC selected as play device ?
and in the system preferences privacy and security Microphone is Totalmix enabled there for having access to ?

Ok. Brethren, i thank you for your help! Everything is working! You gave me back my mood.
Thank you! All the best.