1 (edited by simonk.nest 2023-04-17 18:13:45)

Topic: babyface pro phantom power

phantom power automatically turned off but the phantom power indicator is working correctly.
please help

Re: babyface pro phantom power

Hi
It’s almost impossible to help with such few informations about the issue.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

hai sir, thanks for your replay

anyway to get its service manual please

There is no service manual, sorry. Please provide more details about the setup and the problem.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by simonk.nest 2023-04-19 18:57:17)

Thank you for your support,

I am  using BF pro with cubase 10.5 in windows.

BF pro powered by USB, no extra power supply.

When we switch ON the phantom power, 48v led glowing but voltage not getting on mic and some times OK. Voltage downing not suddenly, it is slowly and some time it return to normal 48v. I have no sure about the phantom power of my RME, thats why I am using additional phantom power in input line between mic and RME XLR inputs.
My mics are rode nt2a and behringer C1.
I checked all the cables, all things are working fine( as I am an electronic technician also)

All other things are working fine.

Please help to solve this

Have you tried another usb port? It may have stopped supplying enough power. If you can try on another computer.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

7 (edited by simonk.nest 2023-04-20 15:08:55)

I am already tried it with all usb ports and also with an external power supply.
anybody can help me please

please anybody can help me

You have a correct external power supply with the locking connector and you are able to measure the phantom power correctly (you say you are technician)
The phantom power is not stable, then it looks like defective unit and is a case for the support
email : support@rme-audio.com

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

You have a correct external power supply with the locking connector and you are able to measure the phantom power correctly (you say you are technician)
The phantom power is not stable, then it looks like defective unit and is a case for the support

That’s also my opinion. Only you have the unit in front of you. Unlike with software related issues in your case it’s almost impossible to help (beside the advice from waedi to contact the RME support).

waedi wrote:

Dear friend,

oli77sch and waedi

Thank u for your response,
already done all kind of testing and also update software.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18M-d7g … share_link

simonk.nest wrote:
waedi wrote:

Dear friend,

oli77sch and waedi

I absolutely don’t understand what you want to show in the video. For me it looks all ok! It’s normal behaviour after activating the phantom power to have some noise for a few seconds which shows up on the level meters.
More important to know is: does the mic work properly or not?

13 (edited by simonk.nest 2023-04-28 14:35:42)

oli77sch wrote:
simonk.nest wrote:
waedi wrote:

Dear friend,

oli77sch and waedi

I absolutely don’t understand what you want to show in the video. For me it looks all ok! It’s normal behaviour after activating the phantom power to have some noise for a few seconds which shows up on the level meters.

Thank u dear friend,

I just like show the problem of my RME. when we switch on the 48V, the babyface indicator ON and the mic also ON. but after 2,3 seconds 48v down. But babyface 48v indicator is ON. mic also not working

Thanks for your responce

simonk.nest wrote:
oli77sch wrote:
simonk.nest wrote:

Dear friend,

oli77sch and waedi

Thank u dear friend,

I just like show the problem of my RME. when we switch on the 48V, the babyface indicator ON and the mic also ON. but after 2,3 seconds 48v down. But babyface 48v indicator is ON. mic also not working

Thanks for your responce

How do you recognise the phantom power is 'going down' after 2-3 seconds? In the video I cannot see that. And also, how do you recognise the mic is not working?
Do you have the gain opened? Is there a DAW or some other audio app which should receive the signal involved? What can you see in Totalmix?

15 (edited by simonk.nest 2023-04-28 16:51:56)

oli77sch wrote:
simonk.nest wrote:
oli77sch wrote:

Thank u dear friend,

Thanks for your responce

How do you recognise the phantom power is 'going down' after 2-3 seconds? In the video I cannot see that. And also, how do you recognise the mic is not working?
Do you have the gain opened? Is there a DAW or some other audio app which should receive the signal involved? What can you see in Totalmix?

Thanks Dear,

can u please look on that behringer mic, there is one led for indication, and also my total mix have no input signal.
I checked with multi meter in babyface in put also

Ok, time for repair I guess

if any body have schematic? at least share only that phantom power supply area please

There are no schematics, and I strongly advise against repairs outside of our official channels. The BF Pro can break easily by disassembling without the required expertise. Its 10 layer PCB is also not suited for the general technician. Finally service would first check that the unit is indeed defective, and then give information what to do.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

There are no schematics, and I strongly advise against repairs outside of our official channels. The BF Pro can break easily by disassembling without the required expertise. Its 10 layer PCB is also not suited for the general technician. Finally service would first check that the unit is indeed defective, and then give information what to do.

Thank You Dear MC for your response

I did all kind of checking with in my knowledge, can not find any problems in my small set up.
Can you  please check my previous messages?.
Also I have not sure about the local service centers, that's why I try to seek the forum advice

Thank You

The forum can not help more. Where are you located?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

21 (edited by simonk.nest 2023-04-30 16:51:18)

I am from Kochi, India

Then contact our distributor in India, or RME Trading in Hong Kong.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your response, but I have not sure about that. They may be replace the main board.
now it is working with external phantom power. but I like to use its original condition that's why.

Have you tried another microphone to make sure it's not a problem on that side?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank You Dear for your response

I did all kind of checking with in my knowledge, can not find any problems in my small set up.
Can you  please check my previous messages?.
Also I have not sure about the local service centers, that's why I try to seek the forum advice

Thank You

The forum can not help if the unit is defective, then it would need repair...
Have you connected the microphones directly now, or is there some other device in between, as your first post indicated?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

27 (edited by simonk.nest 2023-05-05 15:27:18)

First time(when I purchased) mic connect directly to BF in put.
but after that phantom power failure, using a separate phantom power between in put and mic

I can understand schematic is confidential, but if I got at least only that phantom power supply area of the schematic, try to self service

Does it work with the external supply? If so, I would just use it like that. As MC pointed out, there is really no way to do DIY repair here.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks All of you for your responses

now it is working perfectly with external phantom power between mic and BF in put.
I dont like to send it to a service center for repairing. hope if I get a service manual I can do the repair. Now  I under stand, that is not possible

It sounds like the usb port you are using is not supplying enough power for some reason. Glad a PSU works for you

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

mkok wrote:

It sounds like the usb port you are using is not supplying enough power for some reason. Glad a PSU works for you

Not exactly a PSU (this one didn’t solve the issue), but an external phantom power unit between mic and Babyface mic input.

What you could do (if you don't have the equipment) is have some local techician measure the phantom power supply to confirm whether there is an issue.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

oli77sch wrote:
mkok wrote:

Not exactly a PSU (this one didn’t solve the issue), but an external phantom power unit between mic and Babyface mic input.

Oops read it wrong

mkok wrote:

Thank U Dear,

I am already tried it with all usb ports and also with an external power supply.

oli77sch wrote:
mkok wrote:

Yes Dear you are correct now I am using an external phantom power

RME Support wrote:

What you could do (if you don't have the equipment) is have some local techician measure the phantom power supply to confirm whether there is an issue.

Thank U dear,

I am already did all check up as I am a electronic technician as well as a musician

You checked and phantom power is ok?

Hai Sir,

Not ok