Topic: UCX2 ram error Help

I live in Korea and have been using ucx2 for about 3 months. Currently, we are experiencing a Cold Solder Joint phenomenon that is an issue overseas.
It's not an initial defect, so it needs to be repaired, but I think the detection of the initial defect has been delayed because I always turn on the fan so that the wind can go to the device.
Can you help me process an exchange or refund?

error massge is

Failure in bootloader ram error detected 00ff00ff

Ucx II , Adi2/4 Pro Se, Drawmer 1970 , Lct 1040 , WIN11 , Ableton Live 11

2 (edited by ruern 2023-05-11 15:22:54)

Re: UCX2 ram error Help

error image
I live in Korea and have been using ucx2 for about 3 months. Currently, we are experiencing a Cold Solder Joint phenomenon that is an issue overseas.
It's not an initial defect, so it needs to be repaired, but I think the detection of the initial defect has been delayed because I always turn on the fan so that the wind can go to the device.
Can you help me process an exchange or refund?

error massge is

Failure in bootloader ram error detected 00ff00ff

3 (edited by ruern 2023-05-09 06:37:41)

As you know, if you send the repair to the Hong Kong office, it will take at least 2 months, 3 months and 4 months,
I heard that we can't even rent RME products during this period, so isn't it right to give a refund or exchange for this?
Then what do I do for work?

Where did you buy this unit?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ruern 2023-05-09 11:12:21)

MC wrote:

Where did you buy this unit?

I bought this product from a Korean importer called Soundcat.

If you need the serial number or other information of the product, I will let you know.
I already sent my product to the importer,
I think this product will be delivered to the importer tomorrow.

Soundcat said it's not exchangeable, but this is well known in forums and other communities, so I was wondering if it could be solved by exchange or refund in RME.

It is expected to take a long time to repair, and I tried to rent a product to use, but there is no RME product, so there is a limit to my work. If possible, can I hear RME talking to the importer as well?

First of all, I sent the story to RME support's e-mail My email used ruern@naver.com ..

I'm not fluent in English, so I'm not sure if I explained it properly.

Can't find any mail from you in my inbox, sorry (also checked spam folder).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

7 (edited by ruern 2023-05-09 11:56:41)

RME Support wrote:

Can't find any mail from you in my inbox, sorry (also checked spam folder).

I think I sent it by another mail.I delivered the same information again.

First of all, I sent the situation description and serial number,
Is there anything else I need?
If you need my real name or other information, please feel free to let me know by email or forum.

Should I receive it via Google email by any chance?
Please tell me if the mail hasn't arrived

8 (edited by ruern 2023-05-10 08:37:25)

I received information from a Korean importer (Soundcat).
I've already talked through Korean importers,
The Korean importer said that RME products are not available for rent because they are not in stock for rental, and that they can also rent audio or other company products, but I need RME products due to my working environment. But I don't think the importer will listen.
It takes more than 3 months to repair, so I think there will be a problem with the work. The problem was caused by a defect in UCX2, so the importer said, "The only way to deal with it is to repair it, so it cannot be exchanged or refunded." So if I ask the importer to handle it on its own, wouldn't it be natural to just fix it?
The importer said, "We have to follow the instructions of the headquarters, so we can only repair it." So I asked RME headquarters if I could get a refund separately, but I think it's a bit disappointing to handle it. I'd like you to let me know directly if you asked me to make a refund. Even if it's not possible, please let me know separately.

If the head office says that's the final answer, I'll accept it. It's a bit unfortunate.

Wouldn’t it be possible to exchange the unit? I know this system from other companies which send a replacement unit first, repair the original one then and store it for an eventual next case. I had exactly this with a LED monitor once.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

10 (edited by ruern 2023-05-10 10:08:49)

oli77sch wrote:

Wouldn’t it be possible to exchange the unit? I know this system from other companies which send a replacement unit first, repair the original one then and store it for an eventual next case. I had exactly this with a LED monitor once.

I wanted to deal with it like that, but I only repeatedly said that I could never do that in Korean Soundcat.

I heard that RME told Soundcat to tell the customer roughly and send the product to the headquarters for repair. I don't think there is any talk of exchange or refund..

I didn't get an answer to the message sent directly to RME headquarters, but I'm a little disappointed that it was processed.

They said it would take more than three months to repair it, but it's not sent directly to the German branch, but to the German branch through the Hong Kong branch...

Or I have to buy a new product and use it, and I have to sell the product that I received AS secondhand.
This is very burdensome for me.

From what I heard, RME told me to take care of it on my own, that is, just send the repair. We have not received a response to the message sent directly to RME headquarters,

That's what the importer told me.

I think there must have been a problem with the soldering of the headquarters factory, but I am very disappointed that we did not recall, did not deal with it properly, and did not resolve the situation that was not smooth with the importer.

I think it's an action that makes you lose trust in the company.

Your English statements are a bit confusing, so let me clarify:

- neither Soundcat nor RME Hongkong currently have UCX II in stock. Obviously this makes it impossible to exchange the unit. Both would have done if they had one.

- sending it in and back does NOT take 3 months. Come on...

- ' from what I heard' etc etc - sounds like third party hearsaying. Spreading such stuff does not help.

You should make sure Soundcat gets the unit quickly, the quicker it will be back.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

12 (edited by ruern 2023-05-11 00:57:05)

MC wrote:

Your English statements are a bit confusing, so let me clarify:

- neither Soundcat nor RME Hongkong currently have UCX II in stock. Obviously this makes it impossible to exchange the unit. Both would have done if they had one.

- sending it in and back does NOT take 3 months. Come on...

- ' from what I heard' etc etc - sounds like third party hearsaying. Spreading such stuff does not help.

You should make sure Soundcat gets the unit quickly, the quicker it will be back.

1. First, Soundcat replied that it takes an average of 3 months, but this time they send it to Germany, but they told me that it would take more than 3 months because they are going to Germany via Hong Kong. I also didn't want to believe that it would take three months to repair, but I had to believe it because the official importer told me.

2.  I said "that's what I heard"not because it's a rumor I heard somewhere, but because I heard myself on the phone with Soundcat saying, "RME just asked me to send the item quickly for repair, Soundcat has never heard of exchanges, refunds, etc." So I said. "That's what I heard." I said it because it was never anyone's fault or because it was actually delivered to me, not to blame anyone.

3. As I said above, I asked RME directly if I could send the replacement stock to Soundcat due to this issue, but I thought it was a mistake because there were more memory problems than I thought. ( As far as I know, RME admitted it was a mistake, but if not, please let me know so I can ask ), so I was going to replace it with a new one, but after using it for about 3 months, it is said that it cannot be replaced due to an initial defect. (Soundcat has UCX2 in stock and is still selling the new one well.) They said they have a new product, but they can't make it a replacement product and change it to me.Also Soundcat told me that he doesn't have a UCX2 to lend during AS. What Soundcat said to me was, "RME had no other option than repair, and there was no mention of an exchange or refund, and Soundcat was informed that it could not make a replacement stock without RME's order,
Is RME authorized to handle RME's products held by Soundcat?
I think there is a difference between what I heard from Soundcat and what you are talking about. I don't know what happened.

4. The part where I expressed my disappointment is,
Because you didn't send me the exact story of whether it was possible to exchange or refund, and Soundcat said, "I didn't hear from RME about the exchange or refund," so I was disappointed because I thought my story didn't mean anything to RME. (If RME talked about an exchange or refund, Soundcat lied to me.)

5. It may not help each other, but it's strange to sell a new product in less than a year when RME products are broken, and it takes too long to repair, disrupting operations, and importers don't even have alternative inventory for customers using RME customers..

6.Is there a separate stock that can be replaced differently from the new product? Can't I use the new product as a replacement stock?

7. I asked by email, but there was no answer yet, so I asked in the forum like this.  If I repair it, do I only repair the damaged part with soldering or do I replace the entire main board?

8. As a customer and a person who works for a small amount of money, I don't want to offend or make an enemy of the company.But I am writing about something that is not my fault because of the repair time that takes too much time and opportunity. Besides, I always believed in RME's products, but this time it was too much and the price was too high, so it's hard to buy a new one.

9. I'm not familiar with English, so I might have said it a little extreme, or I might have said it weird, but I'm writing on the forum because I'm so dumbfounded that if it takes me three months to get the product, I'm just writing on the forum to ask if I can exchange or refund it.

Our Hong Kong office/distributor is in contact with Soundcat.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

14 (edited by ruern 2023-05-11 15:34:08)

RME Support wrote:

Our Hong Kong office/distributor is in contact with Soundcat.

Have you ever talked about an exchange or a refund? Of course, if the repair is fast, we can repair it and get it. But if it doesn't work, I hope it can be exchanged or refunded, and if it doesn't work, can I at least extend the warranty period?
If it takes two to three months to repair, Korea's rme guarantee period is one year, which is too much of a blow.
in stock
And if you don't have it in stock, it's the soundcat that says you don't have it in stock in the first place, but if you look at the current image, you can see that you have it in stock.

Even if I used it for 3 monthsHowever,
Even if the warranty is 1 year, I don't think anyone will use expensive products such as RME for only 1 year, and even if they used it for 3 months, the same problem occurred within the warranty period as those caught with other initial defects, so isn't it right to replace it, not repair it? Also isn't it RME's responsibility because I didn't cause any trouble using this? (I'm telling you because you didn't say anything above that wasn't RME's fault.)
As far as I know, if you have a serious problem like this that many people experience, you usually have a recall, a refund, or a replacement, right?

I apologize if I felt aggressive, not intentional. But as a consumer, I thought I had the right to provide these services. I'll listen carefully if there's anything wrong.

I'm sorry, I really can't help with these things, much less on the forum. The matter is in good hands now, please talk to Soundcat and, if you wish, to the Hong Kong office as well.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

16 (edited by ruern 2023-05-11 15:37:40)

RME Support wrote:

I'm sorry, I really can't help with these things, much less on the forum. The matter is in good hands now, please talk to Soundcat and, if you wish, to the Hong Kong office as well.

Ok but all the stuff that was delivered to me from Soundcat is explained above, but nothing seems to have changed additionally there.

Soundcat informed us yesterday they have a unit for you. So do as you were told - contact them again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME