Topic: TotalMix FX 1.83 for Windows and Mac available

In the last weeks TotalMix FX had to be updated several times. As a result the official version changed from 1.81 to 1.83, for Windows and Mac. All Mac USB drivers already have 1.83, other drivers will follow soon. These are the latest changes since 1.81:

New in TotalMix FX 1.83:

- Fix: Since 1.82 the old ARC did not work with the UFX and UCX anymore

New in TotalMix FX 1.82:

- Mac only: Includes a workaround for graphics cards that show a scrambled TotalMix FX window after wake from sleep

As you can see version 1.82 and 1.83 include only specific changes for specific interfaces, so immediate updates for PCIe or Thunderbolt are not needed at all.

Download

But TotalMix FX files for manual updating are available as well:

Windows: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tota … in_183.zip

Mac: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tota … ac_183.zip

Installation

Windows: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the new version into Windows\System32, overwriting the old file.

Mac: Exit TotalMix FX and copy the app into the Applications folder, overwriting the old file.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

2 (edited by miklespr 2023-05-19 15:59:07)

Re: TotalMix FX 1.83 for Windows and Mac available

I've downloaded new Total Mix version 1.83 and overwrite in Windows/System 32.
Have a problem:
TotalMix is opened but I can't do nothing. Program not fully frozen. It doesn't respond to any action. Main TotalMix window is opened but program doesn't allow to do anything. No any button is active, and I can't change any setting as well. To close TotalMix I have to launch task manage. On my previous Lat top with Windows 10 everything was OK. ON new with Windows 11 that strange situation happens. Old version of Total Mix 1.81 did not response as well.
Can you help me pls to solve it?

What interface do you use ?
And how is it connected ?
Seems the computer has not esablished the contact to the interface.
Did you try different USB ports on the computer and a different USB-cable ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

miklespr wrote:

I've downloaded new Total Mix version 1.83 and overwrite in Windows/System 32.
Have a problem:
TotalMix is opened but I can't do nothing. Program not fully frozen. It doesn't respond to any action. Main TotalMix window is opened but program doesn't allow to do anything. No any button is active, and I can't change any setting as well. To close TotalMix I have to launch task manage. On my previous Lat top with Windows 10 everything was OK. ON new with Windows 11 that strange situation happens. Old version of Total Mix 1.81 did not response as well.
Can you help me pls to solve it?

Did you read what TotalMix FX says in its window title?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Update.
Several times reinstalled drives and fut_USB. At last, everything back to normal. And TotalMix response and allows makes changes. Looks like Windows 11 not so stable as Win10. I Have frozen effects troubles with other programs, such as video in Youtube. that is a bit strange.
As I understood  - after updates of fut_USB need to shut dowm power for RME ( in my case Fireface UC) and restart laptop.
Is it correct?
Anyway, thanks guys for your response
Best regards.

Since the last Logic Pro Update (a few days ago), Logic offers virtual MIDI in/out Ports if the App is running.

https://support.apple.com/en-bw/guide/l … 4ebb64/mac

I tried to use these virtualPorts in Totalmix MIDI Controller Settings for transferring MIDI/Mackie Data betweeen Logic and Totalmix FX directly, 1to1.

In the Settings Dialog of TMFX i can see and assign them.

https://i.ibb.co/pnLDymq/midi1.png

After clicking the OK Button, no Data is trasferred between Logic and Totalmix FX.
After reopening the Settings Dialog the assigned virtual MIDI Ports have gone back to "None"...

https://i.ibb.co/pbnDqgw/midi2.png

But other Apps, which use virtual MIDI Ports work fine.

Anybody here having the same issue?

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

7 (edited by bsfreq 2023-05-31 01:20:39)

maggie33 wrote:

Anybody here having the same issue?

Not exactly the same (haven't tried the newest Logic Pro, as I'm still running an older Mac OS.)

However, I've used a simple and light midi router software in between TMFX and my controllers (+other software) for years already, as TMFX (and other mac apps) didn't remember virtual ports correctly even earlier on, at least when they’re not present on TMFX start.

I just save the routings to a preset file and start that preset automatically with mac OS login, so it's always open before I start TMFX. This way I don't have to choose the ports in TMFX each time. This might work for your problem too.. I'm not sure about the new Logic Pro, but maybe worth a try.

One good, free midi router that works with newer OS's is MidiPipe. (up to at least Mac OS 12 mentioned on their site)
http://www.subtlesoft.square7.net/MidiPipe.html

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

TM FX detects MIDI loops (like audio feedback) and disables the ports automatically. Means in Logic the input signal is also sent straight to the output...maybe this can be configured somewhere to stop...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Maybe i did not explain precise enough:
It seems that TMFX "sees" the Logic Pro virtual ports - but in my case: I can not really assign them.

I mean:
- After selecting a LP virtual port and moving to the 1,2,3,4 Tab, it always falls back to "none".
- Or: Even after click on OK and reopening these Settings in TMFX it is always assigned to none.

All other HW or virtual MIDI ports work flawlessly. Only the Logic Pro virtual Ports do not.

I think Apple (or LP) has changed something how their virtual ports are adressed or sth like this.

Thats why i asked if anybody else running Logic Pro 10.7.8 has the same issue.

“Do It For Her”

maggie33 wrote:

I think Apple (or LP) has changed something how their virtual ports are adressed or sth like this.

Just out of curiosity.. did you try with the midi router app in between TMFX and Logic?

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

11 (edited by NL440 2023-06-14 00:12:13)

Just bought a Fireface UFXIII. TotalMix will not open. Tried installing this latest version...can't do anything. Tried uninstalling and re-installing everything (also driver) four times. No change.

Not very happy right now as a first time user who just spent a ton of money. Need help ASAP!

Windows 11, latest version.

@NL440 - I'm a new UFX III owner also so I feel you, but I'm on Mac, so I'm not going to be a ton of help.

Does Windows see the UFX III via USB?

Which driver did you install? Looks like v0.9821 is the latest.

Did you firmware update your UFX III?

Definitely reach out to support. I've sent a few emails in late at night and I've always gotten an answered the next day. I'm in the US so I email tech.support@synthax.com.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, 12Mic, Pulse 16 MX, Studio One 6

What exactly did you install? There's no separate installation for Totalmix. Perhaps you tried Totalmix Remote, which won't do anything on the local system...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

14 (edited by maggie33 2023-06-19 00:03:16)

bsfreq wrote:

Just out of curiosity.. did you try with the midi router app in between TMFX and Logic?

Sry, had no time to answer you. If you mean MidiPipe - yes!
Really cool and powerful toy!! Espacially under the hood! Thanks for the hint!
The best thing is, it comes with the Xcode Example, where you can also create your own plugins. And AppleScript is also implemented.
This inspires me for a lot of new ideas...
BTW: It works on Ventura, too.

I just save the routings to a preset file and start that preset automatically with mac OS login, so it's always open before I start TMFX. This way I don't have to choose the ports in TMFX each time. This might work for your problem too..

If i got it right - I am doing the same till now. But with the Mac built-in Features.
For that, i use the IAC Driver via Audio-Midi-Setup. You can create virtual Ports in it and map TMFX to them. Sure - and i can also address them in Logic and all other Apps. You can also create multiple Midi-Environment-Configurations...
We can talk about it in more detail -but i thing it is ot here. Maybe in another thread?

But that is not the point, i mentioned here. I would like to address the Logic virtual Ports directly in TMFX...
Wait... i will upload a short screencast to explain it better.

Edit: here... As you see, if i select Logic virtual Ports, they always switch back to none. This happens when i change the tab, and also when i click the ok button. It seems that TMFX is not able to "assign" it. No idea why - maybe Logic restricts it to TMFX? Other "non Apple" Apps (like the Moog Model 15 for example) can handle this without any problems.
https://filebin.net/brb9xcmmiakc16g8/LP-TMFX_480p_2.mov

“Do It For Her”

maggie33 wrote:

Maybe i did not explain precise enough:
It seems that TMFX "sees" the Logic Pro virtual ports - but in my case: I can not really assign them.

I mean:
- After selecting a LP virtual port and moving to the 1,2,3,4 Tab, it always falls back to "none".
- Or: Even after click on OK and reopening these Settings in TMFX it is always assigned to none.

All other HW or virtual MIDI ports work flawlessly. Only the Logic Pro virtual Ports do not.

Thats why i asked if anybody else running Logic Pro 10.7.8 has the same issue.

Solved in 1.85b1. 
See: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 79#p206879

“Do It For Her”