Topic: UCX II display - brightness / night color scheme

Hi all,

as for the display settings I only find the possibility to adjust contrast from -20% to +20%

Can I adjust brightness too?

Is there a night color scheme?

Browsing menus with white background isn't that convenient in the evening, red ambient lit workplace. Inverted menu colors would do. Or at least the option to adjust brightness.

Re: UCX II display - brightness / night color scheme

...related topic https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34950 would also be nice to have...

In 99% of the use time you don't use the display but the settings from your computer (TM FX, Settings dialog). Many features are even locked while online, so not adjustable on the display. So we see no need to add a dark display mode here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by cupakm 2023-09-19 08:28:28)

MC wrote:

In 99% of the use time you don't use the display but the settings from your computer (TM FX, Settings dialog). Many features are even locked while online, so not adjustable on the display. So we see no need to add a dark display mode here.

I bought the UCX II to use it in CC mode with Linux. So no TM or Settings dialog for me, all features adjustable on the display only.

MC wrote:

The quality and versatility of your products let users go very far and become creative. Even more since this devices can be easily used over many years as a part of trusted gear. There are so many entries in this forum with different questions, ideas and requests (standalone functionality and word clock ports for Digiface USB comes to mind for example) showing that. There are really different - also unexpected - use scenarios for a device like the UCX II, in studios, on and behind stages…  with all my huge respect, there is a need for adjustable brightness of the displays.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

6 (edited by cupakm 2023-09-23 17:58:43)

oli77sch wrote:

…with all my huge respect, there is a need for adjustable brightness of the displays.

Display improvements I'd like to see:
- adjustable brightness
- inverted menu colors or other kind of dark-mode
- screen-saver option to turn off the screen after a given time of no changes to the unit

It'll make the UI friendlier, and also the officially-supported stand-alone mode will benefit, not only CC.