Topic: New UFX II vs UFX III

Hi All, I'm beginning to outgrown my Babyface Pro FS, and would like to do some form of surround set up with my recording & gaming PC in the near future, so I have been looking.

Looking over ramses's chart, it looks like the newer UFX II has basically the new analog input/output comparing to the flagship UFX III. In theory, the only difference I can find so far is

USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0
None vs MADI
30in/out vs 94in/out

I am currently doing OK with the 12/12 channel of BabyFace Pro FS. However, getting a few more channel doesn't hurt and will make my life a bit easier.

so in theory, if I don't need more digital channel than 30in/30out, it seems there is really no real difference between the UFXII vs UFX III?

On the side note, How do I know which version of the UFX II will I be receiving? Thomann currently has UFXII and UFXIII listed basically under the same listing. The spec of the UFXII suggest it's the newer version, but nothing on page indicates they have the newest versions.

Re: New UFX II vs UFX III

If you want to be on the very safe side, get the UFX III.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Inno 2023-11-14 20:52:21)

Re: New UFX II vs UFX III

ramses wrote:

If you want to be on the very safe side, get the UFX III.

yeh, I think the only thing hanging in the air is whether UFXII is going to get the room EQ or not.

but.. 500 usd. the price difference isn't insignificant for an hobbyist.