Topic: DIGICheck Mac 0.51 Beta

Hello,

beta 0.51 is our first release candidate. Version 0.5 did not remember its settings correctly, that should be fixed. And we got new icons and a further updated online help.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc_051_setup.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: DIGICheck Mac 0.51 Beta

Yeah!

Thanks, Matthias, it's good work.
;-)

Ciao,
Marco

Thanks!

I love Digichk on OSX

Will we get playback and output support also?

P

settings stored right!!!
great app.
thanks guys!

Regards
Davide

Hello, I am a new member to the forum here and I just wanted to say thanks for working hard to bring digicheck to mac. 

There was one thing I wanted to address.  It seems as though in the 4 bar level meter, the right peak meter text display (which is either rms or rms mark) never says OVR, instead it displays 1.0.  Not -1.0, but a positive 1.0.  It is most easily visualized by increasing the hold time.  Also, in K-12 mode the right displays 13, in K-14, 15 is displayed, and in K-20, 21 is shown.  Can anyone else confirm?

Digicheck Rocks.

Thanks,
Brian

Will check...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yep, same here in regard to the overs post! (Fireface800)

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

Also, on the 2 bar level meter, there is some interesting behavior in the settings window. Upon setting the "level bar" setting to "RMS", you can select the "RMS Marker" Value in the right column.  I, for example prefer the "slow" setting.  This setting works as expected.  The next step is where things get confusing.  If you then change the "level bar" setting to "peak" the RMS marker remains, however the "RMS marker" value on the right is now grayed out and cannot be changed.  HOWEVER, if INSTEAD of changing the level bar to "peak", you change it to "RMS slow" the RMS markers disappear and the "RMS marker" value is grayed out once again.  Then, upon selecting "peak" for the "level bar" setting, the RMS marker is still missing and the "RMS marker" value is grayed out. (Note that previously in "Peak" mode, the markers were visible and now they are not.  Even though the "RMS marker" value was not altered directly.)

Can anyone confirm?

I really enjoy the RMS marker in slow mode with the peak bars and peak hold markers, it's just that the settings window is unclear.  I am not sure weather the RMS markers are supposed to be available in "peak" level bar setting and the settings dialog is just disallowing the mode to be altered, or if the RMS markers are supposed to disappear upon selecting "peak" level bars.

I really love this software, & I am certainly not complaining, I just want to make people aware of issues so that they can be dealt with at some point in the future.

Thanks for working on this so hard.

-Brian

The RMS markers are only available in Level Bar RMS mode. The described behaviour had been fixed in Windows, seems it is still there in Mac.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No Over on right channel - same bug in Windows! Thanks for that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Thanks !!!!

From Santiago Chile

Cristian Troncoso

Good morning,

just wanted to write a quick "thank you"-note for Digicheck! Awesome!

I also wanted to repeat the unanswered question: Will there be  playback and output support for Digicheck on Mac sometime?

All the best
philoton

Fireface 800, 2x RME Octamic D
MacPro 2x3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

Hi,

did you try in DC
Options / Input Device Setup...
and choose "Hardware Level" instead of "CoreAudio"
then you have input, playback and output !?

regards S-EH

S-E Hansson wrote:

Hi,

did you try in DC
Options / Input Device Setup...
and choose "Hardware Level" instead of "CoreAudio"
then you have input, playback and output !?

regards S-EH

Hi,

thanks, but I was thinking about the Totalyser and Spectral Analyser-Tool. There you have can?t select the "Hardware Level"-option, so far...
Will this be available for playback too sometime?

Best regards
philoton

Fireface 800, 2x RME Octamic D
MacPro 2x3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

hej there!

till when can we expect a version with working global record? i love this feature:)

This version is running even better than before - great. Routing back my DAW out thru my 01v96 back into my RayDAT and having a perfect metering all the time.
But I'd love to see an "always on top" option. Or am I blind? In former times, the windows version had it, I think. Now on the Mac, I don't find it. I can arrange the windows fine, so it's not too bad, but ... please..! lol

MacPro'08 8x2.8, 10 GB RAM // MacBookAir 13" 2014
Logic Audio 10.2, Fireface 400

I'd certainly love an 'Alway on top' option, but I do seem to recall another developer mentioning that there was a problem with it, even though he was discussing OSX.4 (tiger).

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------