Topic: Renaming/moving of file is not possible (DC)

Helo,

I was recording 16 analog channels with two fireface's 800/400 and DC Global Recording. After recording, as i wanted to save i became a mesage: "Removing/moving of file not possible". The file was 4 hours long and 30 Gb. Only what i could do is to reopen it after crl+alt+del combination. It's the second time i became this mesage. What i did wrong? It happens one time from approximately 20 recordings.

Thank you
Vilius

Re: Renaming/moving of file is not possible (DC)

Same with may system tonight. Multiface, latest driver, latest digicheck, worked fine on the first sessions, that lasted for about 30 minutes. After the next recording session of about 90 minutes I got the same error message!

Please help, this bothers alot!

Tonmanns

That looks like you wanted to save the file in a different format or in a different location as the original tmp file. We think that this error message does not come from our software but from the operating system.

Please give more details.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We have a brandnew  1TB HD with 2 folders.
First folder is the location for the DC- specific temp file.The location was set in the beginning of DC 5.1
Second folder is for storing the multichannel wav files into a final folder, where we give it names to specify the recording session.

I had the same error messsage again this morning with a rather small file. I succeded in storing the file anyway, not changing the name, but taking the DC suggested name " new1".
Is there a problem in renaming wile storing, and would it overwrite a file, if I stored a secondsession into that folder?
I advised the crew to store it as " new1" , start the next recording  session and then manually rename it via the Windows Explorer. Hope that it helps.

Maybe it is useful to mention, that we used the HD on a USB 1.1 Port. A 4 tracks recording  caused a HD-load of 56-61 % at 44.1 K-Hz. We now switched to a USB 2.0 Port when it occured again this morning. It only caused 5% HD-load.

What information else can I give?

tonmanns