Topic: RME email Tech. Support

In the 10 years I've been using RME PCI cards, I've never had any need to contact RME tech. support.  I believe this is a testament to the quality of their hardware and drivers. 
However, I am current battling a BSOD issue when trying to install my HDSP 9632 in a new Win 7 64 bit machine.  I've sent 6 emails to RME tech. support over the past 5 weeks, and not had a single one answered.
Is this typical of RME tech. support?

Re: RME email Tech. Support

Definitely not typical. What email address are you sending these mails to?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

The one I found on the web site:   support@rme-audio.de

Hello,

I'm afraid I cannot confirm the "6 mails in 5 weeks" claim... There was one mail from you on November 23rd, which I replied to, and I just found two in my spam folder, dated today... Beseides these, no previous mails.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

OK; there were 6, but that's not important at the moment.  I never received your reply.  Can you re-send it?

Resent just now - please check your spam filters if you have any.
I can assure you that there are no more mails than the ones I mentioned in my inbox and spam folders.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have no spam filters, and I've received nothing.  I will re-send the support request, with several alternate email addresses.  Can you re-send your reply with cc to each of them, please.

Hi there I believe I am having a similar problem. I am going through a pretty big ordeal with a fireface ufx right now. I had a lengthy RMA due to a dead midi port, about 8 or 9 weeks into it, I emailed support@rme-audio.de inquiring about the status of my interface. I never got a response, but its ok because I did get the unit back eventually. Except the one I got back has a big scratch on the face of it. I sent another email on the night of the 14th in regards to my current situation and included pictures of the interface.  I haven't got any response back yet, I know it hasn't been that long yet, but I am concerned that I am maybe having the same problem as the original poster of this thread. I checked my spam msgs too and nothing in there.

Can you confirm that you received my email and if you did, was their a response emailed back to me? because I didn't receive it. The subject was "Fireface UFX ordeal".

Thank you very much for your time

- Dan W

I did receive the mail and forwarded it to Music Marketing, who said they will deal with this - have you heard from them? There really isn't much that can be done from here - best to discuss this with the local distributor.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

hmm ok. I have not heard back from music marketing. This is somewhat awkward for me because the last telephone conversation I had with the guy at music marketing was kindof stern, he sounded like he wanted me to stop bugging him and take it up with the retailer. The retailer thinks if he sends it out again they won't do anything about it. Is their anyway you can authorize music marketing to give me a new unit to replace the damaged one I have ?

What else can be done about a damaged faceplate ? If music marketing will replace my interface then I will get the retailer to ship it out for replacement. I would just rather be re-assured what will happen to my interface before I ship it out. Is their anyway you can authorize this ? or is there anyone I should contact at music marketing specifically about my current situation ?

Thanks again..

- Dan W