Topic: Rme 9632 and Ubuntu 9.10

Hello
im new at ubuntu, but i want my rme 9632 to work, i have tried alsa, and similar stuff, flashed back to 152 firmware but still could not get any sound sad can some one please, explain to me, step-by-step how to make drivers work,
i would be really appreciated

Re: Rme 9632 and Ubuntu 9.10

OK i managed to install Alsa drivers, removed pulseaudio, and i now i can hear a sound, but still im having a problems. i have a sound in browers , like youtube and etc, but i cant play mp3, i cannot hear a sounds from movies, and so on, and listen to youtube at the same time, other sounds in ubutnu just gone, how to make all the sounds work?

Hi Gedna, each application you use may have a different way of connecting to the sound system and usually give you a choice between ALSA and JACK.  If you are playing back an mp3 file with a 'certain' application you did not name, try finding out how it connects to the sound system.  The defaults setup in the Ubuntu sound setup will apply to anything that requires the system default like a browser.  Which applications are not working?  Also, have you used jack or qjackctrl yet?

hm can some one help me to set up the qjackctrl ? maby thats my answer to hear all the sounds, because now, at the boot, iv got every sound, i can play movies, i can play mp3s, i can hear it, but after i play something in browser, like youtube, other sounds (movies, mp3s, and so on) dissapears , and no vice versa, so if i want to play movie, i have to restart..