Topic: Problem with Mulitface II PCIe cannot load driver!!

Hello,
I am new to this card. I had 3 HDSP 9652's and moved to the new Multiface II. I am using it with Vista Ultimate Intel i7 Core 3.06 chip. My main sequencer is Sonar 8.5PE. It was working fine and then suddenly I was getting a message that this audio interface in not recognized by your computer. I went into control panels/device manager and there is little yellow warning triangle by the RME Hammerfall DSP speaker. I searched for drivers, and it said that the RME Hammerfall DSP was the correct driver. The device status gives me the following message:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

The button to "Roll Back Driver" is greyed out. So what should I do. I have tried unplugging and re-plugging the firewire cable and re-booting.

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Best,

JL

Re: Problem with Mulitface II PCIe cannot load driver!!

Try reinstalling the driver to overwrite the corrupted files.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,
Can you please give me a link or the name to the specific driver? I don't see a mulitface II driver on the RME website. Thank you.

JL

There is no "Multiface driver"... Just the driver for all HDSP cards, 3.082.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok. So I reloaded the Hammerfall drivers. And now every time I start my computer it prompts me with a security warning to allow "HDSP32.exe files in the Windows\system32 folder. Then I get the same Security Warning for the HDSPmix.exe file. Then I open Sonar and the card will play for a minute or less, and then it just quits. I get a message saying the audio card is no longer functioning.

What should I do now? I have had this happen three times in a row now....

Thank you for your suggestions.

JL

Is this 3.082?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes it is 3.0.8.2