Topic: The problem with DIGI9652 & AEB8 O

Hello all
I bought a AEB8-O card for my old Digi 9652, just try to use it in my home,but however I connect this  two cards,the analogout can  just only hear noise.
The Green and Red lights on the AEB8-O card are always both on the "light" status,I heard if the card work normal,the Red light shoud be off.

Can somebody give me some advises,I am going to crazy about this......

Re: The problem with DIGI9652 & AEB8 O

Your card probably has the wrong EPROM. You need M52 for a Mac, W52 for PC. Your nearest RME retailer or distributor can get the chip for you.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

thanks a lot!!
Do you mean my digi9652 card have bad chip??
When I play a music or movie file, I can see the card is working through DigiCheck, is that mean my digi9652 card is good??

Reverse the two pin cable on one side to see if the red error LED goes off. Which output port did you use on the 9652? SPDIF will not work, same when using port 1 with SPDIF active in the Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC
I tryed over 20 times to change the two pin cable on both AEB8 & Digi9652, and the Red LED is always on!
I connect the two pin cable in  "ADAT1 output" on digi9652, and use the default setting in the Setting dialog.I will upload the Setting pic later
The most important thing that bothering me is I can't judge whether my 9652 is wrong or the new AEB8 is wrong.......

Have you checked whether the EPROM is correct?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

7 (edited by cipher006 2010-01-02 13:15:21)

RME Support wrote:

Have you checked whether the EPROM is correct?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I don't know how to check the EPROM....I just tryed to use digi9652 in Nuendo3.1, and it looks like the 9652 card can working. After I select digi9652 as the audio device in Nuendo, I can see the input and output LATENCY changed to 11ms(seems good), and I can import and export normally.