Topic: DIgi 96 PAD 8 Support windows 7 ?? !!

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to windows 7. My drivers don't work.....and nay neither does my sound card.(Obviously)

Is there any way of getting drivers for this RME sound card (Digi 96 PAD 8)......and to work with windows 7....I'm pretty desp, I need to be working on techno tunes for release !! not going bonkers !!...........Please don't tell me there's no support or I'll Cry or Turn to the dark side and get a lynx or smash something......hehe.......Just a joke,
No money for a new sound card !!
Any Dodgy Suggestions welcome too :-) !
Help needed Guys N Girls !!

Ben

Re: DIgi 96 PAD 8 Support windows 7 ?? !!

The card will work with W7 32 bit (ASIO only), but there are no 64-bit drivers.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Skywalker 2010-01-04 21:49:40)

And there isnt any possibility to work on with this card on a 64bit W7 PC?
Ach, ich sehe gerade, dass du auch ein Deutscher bist! Gibt's wirklich gar keinen M?glichkeit bzw. Hoffnung?

I'm using 32 bit W7 and don't mind ASIO only....

Is there a link you could supply or settings you can give for the Drivers and download Daniel?

I tried the usual Wk2(File) drivers for xp on the RME website, but it doesn't get self installed or work with W7........W7 has errors when trying to do the install. But W7 does find them in sys32.....the .dll files, it just won't install/recognise them.

Thanks alot Daniel For the quick and accurate reply !

Much appreciated,

Ben

Hi, Ben,

What motherboard are you using? I ran into the same problem you seem to be having, I have an ASUS P5E board which has two PCI slots, my DIGI96/8 card did not work in the top slot but works fine in the bottom one, go figure. Even if your mobo is not the same as mine, try another PCI slot, if it has one.

Good luck,

Mauri.

Some of my 'stuff'. https://www.youtube.com/user/puutappi