Topic: audio noise using RME multiface & cardbus. Only happens in MAX/MSP

Hi.

I'm experiencing an extreme amount of noise on my ASIO driver for my RME Multiface/cardbus combo.
The strange thing is that i only happens with this driver, and only in Max/Msp - not in the OS, or any other audio program (cubase, etc.)

The noise sounds like when there is a samplerate/sync problem, but nothing seems to be the matter.
Also the inputs go directly to the outputs, as soon as i turn on the audio in the Max 'DSP settings'.

specs:
All RME driver, firmware, max/msp, quicktime is up to date.
Windows XP SP3, thinkpad X60s, 1,5 gb ram.

Hope someone has an idea.
Thanks.

best regards
Troels

Re: audio noise using RME multiface & cardbus. Only happens in MAX/MSP

hi there,

i am having a similar problem with the multiface/cardbus combo using win 7 32 bit (which i haven't been able to solve) - under win xp3 i've had no probs sofar.
i have been sort of able to create a workaround with disabling two channels in the asio-driver. for example, i am only using inputs/outputs 1 to 16, craping 17-18. this has helped. if you would activate all channels in cubase then your problem would show there, too?

what is your configuration?
what cardbus-chip is your motherboard using? do you have shared irq's with the graphics card, usb-ports and the chipset which is providing the cardbus access?

best,
salad

Re: audio noise using RME multiface & cardbus. Only happens in MAX/MSP

I'm having a Similar issue....Was wondering if it sounds like the this..
I have posted a You tube link below so it can be heard.
I'm running a Multiface with PCI Card on an Abit 35 quadcore I built using XP and three internal Drives.  The sound or Hum as it can be called, specifically changes and or "flutters" when clicking the mouse and or moving the curser.....It doesn't quite sound like a ground noise?   Any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flhNn262_r4

Phly23