Topic: "global record" for OSX?

Any plans to have it ready in the next months?

I need a mobile studio main interface, and global record will really make the difference.

I'd appreciate an answer.

Best, Andrea

Re: "global record" for OSX?

Das wäre Großartig zu haben!
Ich steige gerade um auf Mac, und global record habe ich sonst am meisten benutzt.
Wäre schön da was zu hören.

mfg

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

This feature will definitely not be available in the next months. We are approaching Frankfurt Musikmesse and are working hard on many things, and if something comes in DC then it is the playback monitoring feature first.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

schnelle Antwort!
Danke

Fireface UFX | Fireface800 | Babyface | Octamic II | ADI-2 | ADI-648 | Audient asp 008

Not to beat a semi-conscious horse-- but is there any prediction when the Mac DC will have the same functionality as windows?

Rich

Rich Mays
Sonare Recordings
www.sonarerecordings.com

Yes, any info on this? Would be a great feature..

Sorry to say this but we had to cancel our plans of adding Global Record to Mac OS X.

We still want to add the playback monitoring, but first tests revealed that it will require much more development effort than expected, and will never be available in the same way as under Windows. Core Audio requires us to add additional features in soft- and hardware to be able to do this, and these will only be worked on when there is time left.

Sorry again, we all hoped it would be much easier (and therefore quicker) to be added.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm devastated to learn that global record is not available on the Mac. It is one of my main tools during composition, when I just want a one-touch record setup. Please, PLEASE have even a rudimentary version (no need fast forward/rewind). Just a stereo capture would do, nothing fancy at all.

Sorry, did you notice that this thread is from 2011 ? This is 7 years ago, so it looks like this feature won't come.

May I suggest to either stick to Windows or to invest into a RME recording device with Durec.

This gives you even a better functionality as you do not need to start the computer for recording.

I use DURec very often to concentrate on playing and not having to fiddle around with a PC.
It's also a very uncomfortably seating position to operate PC/Cubase while holding my guitar.

Possible devices: UFX II, UFX+.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi sambasevam,

you can use wave tracks live (which is for free) or Boom Recorder. They start very quickly, just one click which Audiointerface to choose and one click on global record...
tracks live is very robust and hardly doesn't take any resources. For a test I recorded 100 tracks in 192 kHz--> no issue (just a full hard drive after a couple of minutes :-))