Topic: Totalmix FX Questions (Workspaces)

I have a pretty good understanding of Totalmix FX except I can't seem to wrap my head around workspaces. I have been through the manual multiple times. I have tried saving a Workspace. The default directory is in my documents folder on OSX. After saving a workspace, when I close and reopen Totalmix fx it still shows that all the Workspaces are still empty slots. If I try opening a workspace from the actually .tmws file it says no programs are associated with this file type.

I also notice if I open up Totalmix FX by clicking on the icon in the dock then before I open up a mixer or matrix view:

click on Finder in the dock

then click back on Totalmix FX:

then like 6 Totalmix mixer view windows pop up all scattered around my screen.

I'm guessing maybe this has something to do with Workspaces but I don't understand how to control it yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Todd Matthews

www.toddbass.com
Macbook pro i7 15" (mid 2012) 8 gigs ram, Fireface UCX

Re: Totalmix FX Questions (Workspaces)

It's all pretty easy, but you got confused by at least one bug in the program: on some systems when starting TM there are no windows visible. They come when you start it a second time. Seems also when you change to the Finder and back. So these 6 windows are your current state, close them all except one and then next time start it two times and there will be your last state (one window). This bug will be fixed hopefully very soon.

Workspace: you save the whole mixer state including all windows into a file. You can load such a file from the menu, not by clicking on the file. A more quick way is to use the internal hotkey quick list via the hotkey W.

There are no Workspace slots. You probably mean the Snapshots, which are there to save different mixer states within the current Workspace.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for the help. Sorry, when I was talking about the slots, I meant when you press the 'W' key to quick select a workspace. It all makes sense now though.

I have been really enjoying using the UC. Thanks for a great interface,

Todd

www.toddbass.com
Macbook pro i7 15" (mid 2012) 8 gigs ram, Fireface UCX

Kann die Midi Clock der Host Software (Ableton) das Echo Timing vom internal BABYFACE Mixer automatisch kontrollieren? Wenn ja wie?

drumhead49

Das ist nicht möglich.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

.....könnt Ihr dieses Feature in zukünftigen Software Upgrades berücksichtigen? Ach ja, ein Kompressor wäre auch cool, dann wäre meine Wunschliste komplett.

Sollte doch ein leichtes für Euch sein....  :-)

beste Wünsche
drumhead49