Topic: Hammerfall 9652, no x64 drivers -> E-MU 1212m!?! Clock?

Hi all,

I've blissfully been using a Hammerfall hooked up to an ADI-8DS for years, but am in the process of switching to a Windows 7 x64 system. Horror of horrors, the hammerfall has no x64 drivers. Why, RME? Oh Why Why?!? :-) I'm sure there are plenty of users out there like me who would love to use their trusty Hammerfalls in the x64 realm.

Anyway, thats my rant out of the way. :-) So now I have bought an Emu 212m PCIe, just for its litepipe in and out. Only problem is it absolutely refuses to work as slave to the ADI-8DS for some unkown reason, so if I'm going to continue with it its going to have to be with the 1212m as master and ADI as slave.

So my question is this. What's the general opinion of running the setup this way in terms of clock quality? Not using the convertors on the 1212m, just the litepipe i/o. I have done quite a bit of reading up on this and the clock on the 1212m seems very highly regarded, and has specs similar if not slightly better than that of the ADI-8DS.

I realise that RME staff may feel obliged to say running on the ADI-8DS clock would be superior (and maybe it would) :-) but if I could get some straight feedback from people that would be great. I really don't want to sacrifice the excellent sound quality of the ADI-8DS...

Thanks again!

Gary.

Re: Hammerfall 9652, no x64 drivers -> E-MU 1212m!?! Clock?

I see no problem here if the card's clock quality is good...
That said, you could have purchased an HDSP 9652 or 9632 also, both of which will happily sync to the DS... fryingpan cool

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Hammerfall 9652, no x64 drivers -> E-MU 1212m!?! Clock?

Hi Daniel, yes I'm familiar with both those, but they're both PCI and not PCIe. If I was to buy something new, I wanted it to be PCIe so it would have some more forwards compatibility with motherboards...