Topic: Fireface UFX LCD error

Hi

Just opened my new fireface UFX, when swithcing on the unit the LCD displayed random lines.  I'm however able to see the unit on my macbook pro. I updated the software to 1.10 and after a swithcing the unit on and off a few timeS the LCD displayed properly - starting with the 'Revision 1.10' screen followed by the rest.

I'm able to access all the features of the unit using either usb or firewire.

I then swithed off the unit, disconnected my laptop and left the unit off for a while. The next time I swithed the unit on again i got the same LCD error.

Is this a hardware error or a software one?

I bought the last unit here in South Africa and really hope this can be sorted out through a software update.

Regards
Jann

TONIK - Silent Gigs in unconventional venues
www.tonik.co.za

Re: Fireface UFX LCD error

This is a hardware problem. But don't worry, you got time to get this one fixed/exchanged. Contact your local distributor please.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Fireface UFX LCD error

I just dropped the unit off at our local supplier, who unfortunately do not have stock, and I am not sure how long I will have to wait to get a replacement unit especially since there is such a large global demand sad

Last night I tested the unit again with similar results as before:

1 - The LCD shows many thin horizontal lines when switching the unit on
2 - I'm however able to access all the features via USB or Firewire on my macbook pro
3 - As I'm working with the unit on my laptop, the lines on the LCD gradually get thicker
4 - when i then switch the unit off and on again the unit works perfectly
5 - this morning when switching the unit on again, the thin lines on the LCD were back.

It's almost as if the unit needs to warm up before it works properly smile