Topic: Hammerfall DSP Multiface

Hi,

I bought maybe 7 or 8 years ago the DSP Multiface with a PCMCIA Slot for my Laptop. I havent worked with this soundcard in the last 5 years and would like to use it now for my PC Desktop.

Can I connect the soundcard with a firewire cable to the IEEE 1394 Host controller slot on my PC tower? I have tried that but it doesnt seem to recognise the card.

What could I do to make it work?

Another question: The red "Host"-Light (it says "error" below) on the soundcard lights up red as soon as I plug in the soundcard. Does it mean there is an "Error" or does it just mean the soundcard is switched on?

Thanks a lot!

Denise :-)

Re: Hammerfall DSP Multiface

Connecting the MF to Firewire may damage it... Let's hope this hasn't happened...
And no, the MF can not be connected to Firewire.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ok ,hope i didnt damage it!

But if not, how can i connect it to my PC?

Sorry, this question again:
The red "Host"-Light (it says "error" below) on the soundcard lights up red as soon as I plug in the soundcard. Does it mean there is an "Error" or does it just mean the soundcard is switched on?

Thanks again...
Denise

you have to buy the old pci or new pcie card to connect your multiface rack

Win 7 x64 / Gigabyte Z68 / Intel I7 / 16384 DDR3 / RME Multiface PCI / 2x UAD2 / Cubase 7...../

Thanks! :-)

If I use a Pci card for PCMCIA such as this one, will it work?

7 (edited by Thermaltake 2011-05-20 23:17:23)

Yes it will, I have one of those, and it's working perfectly, I did also flash it with that converter and everything went ok. Mine have RICOH R5C520 chip on it dont know about that your on pic.

8 (edited by Thermaltake 2011-06-06 11:54:46)

I don't want to open new thread for this question so I will put it here.

Can you tell me is it normal for multiface to be hot after two hours working, and case is hot like that all the time after 2 hours, and I am talking about something like 30 degrees thats pretty warm. I didn't notice any issues because of that she is working fine but don't know if thats normal or not.

30 degrees is not hot, and it's perfectly normal... Rule of thumb: If it does not hurt to touch it, it's all right...  cool fryingpan

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

hehe okay than tnx.

If I use a Pci card for PCMCIA such as this one, will it work?

Yes it will, I have one of those, and it's working perfectly, I did also flash it with that converter and everything went ok. Mine have RICOH R5C520 chip on it dont know about that your on pic.

I installed one of these cards (exactly the one in my link) into my desktop and I can't get the RME to work. After connecting de HDSP card and installing the drivers I get a bluescreen at Windows startup. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. Thermaltake, which OS are you using?