Topic: RME Digi96Pad Windows 7 96k operation fine in Reaper, not in Adobe?

Curious compatibility situation. Running Windows 7 under ASIO, RME Digi96 Pad works fine in Reaper v3 / V4 at 96k, but not in Adobe Audition 3 / CS5.5. Adobe tell me I need to upgrade the drivers, well I can't, there are none.

So, how is it that under Windows7  using Reaper it works fine at 96k, but Adobe CS5.5 doesn't!!? What is Reaper doing that Adobe isn't?

Re: RME Digi96Pad Windows 7 96k operation fine in Reaper, not in Adobe?

What is the exact error message? What do Adobe say about this?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by waterpump 2011-11-02 16:09:54)

I had a long conversation and a shared desktop with the Adobe service technician case No. 182753302. I demonstrated the fact that Audition CS5.5 played at half speed and Cockos Reaper V4 worked fine. I was then told that the driver for the RME Digi96 Pad sound card is out of date (2005) and that was the problem!! So why is it OK in Reaper?

There is no error message from Adobe Audition, it just plays at around half speed.

As I said above everything works fine in Cockos Reaper V4 using the same computer, OS and soundcard, so it can't be the driver - if it were then Reaper would not play or have similar problems!!!

Everything points to faulty implementation of the ASIO and/or related elements in Adobe.

The RME Digi96 Pad is an excellent soundcard!

The age of the driver as such is certainly not the problem. It's a regular ASIO driver...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME