Topic: Digi 9652 expansion card

I have a 9636 Digi card and a expansion card that I can't get to work. Both cards are 1.5. I only get 2 of the ADAT ports. Using driver 2.11. One card is green, the other is blue if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

Douglas.

Re: Digi 9652 expansion card

You need a new EPROM turning the card into a DIGI9652 (labeled W52). This EPROM had been shipped with the Expansion card...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is this something that can still be purchased?

Yes, the EPROM is available from retailers or RME distributors.

What exactly is written on the expansion?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by kellyk 2010-12-22 18:18:56)

I have a similar problem but with the Nuendo Digi 9652 card. 

I'm using WinXP (SP3), and driver 2.11 and can only get 2 ADAT outputs to work.  I've only recently needed the third ADAT port and connected the Expansion port.

After connecting the expansion port only one output port on the PCI card is lit while the expansion card's output is also lit, or only two and not three ports are working.  When I disconnect the expansion port both the output ports on the PCI card are lit.

I have the W52 installed in the card already.  I also have a M52 Eprom, but thought the Digi9652 had 24 channels (3 ADAT ports).

Any idea on what the problem might be?

Thx

That sounds like your expansion board is the wrong version, not matching the main board.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

HI is there someone that can help me out of my confusion please! i have a used RME DIGI9636/52.
it has Rev. 1.5 on the card and these numbers on the otherside of the card 22209169.
When i got the it had a W36 eprom installed, i didnt have a windows pc to test the card so i ordered a mac eprom which said M36. when the order arrived it only can with one eprom the M36, is that right? i thought it would come with the a W36. my problem is that, my old g4 mirror door can not recognize the 9636 in any pci slot i put it in even on its own without any other cards in the mac.
it will not even show in my apple system profiler as a pci card. I put the same card in an older mac and it saw the card in apple system profiler under os 9.2, but I followed the driver istructions on the rme downloads but still not been able to get the card working,the adat outs are a light and thats it!no sound and all my audio apps sees evey other card apart from my rme.First of all, do i have the right eprom to start and would i need to change it to use any add on like the bnc wc adat