Topic: Issues with RayDAT

I have a RayDAT I've been using for a few years and has always worked perfectly.

I moved it into a new machine:
    Intel I3 2200 Sandybridge
    Intel chipset
    4GB RAM
   Windows 7 Home Premium
   Latest RayDAT firmware and drivers applied

Now I have these problems:

1.  If I click on the About tab in the hdsp32 utility, the utility freezes and will not recover or close.  Even Task Manager won't shut it down.  I have to reboot to correct the condition.

2. On the Options tab of the hdsp32 utility, the sample rate is set at 32khz and I cannot change it to 44 or 48.  If I select 44 or 48, it sets it back to 32.

3. If select 96, the utility changes it to 48 and I lose half my ADAT inputs.

Anyone know what my problem may be?

Re: Issues with RayDAT

1), 2) Which HDSP driver version and firmware is this?
3) Where do you set 96? The reduction in the number of ADAT channels is normal.

Please also provide more details about the hardware in question.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I said they are the latest drivers posted on your site.

I set 96 in the only place you could possibly set it.  In the Sample Rate field.  It is not normal to set to 96 and have the utility change it for unknown reasons to 48 AND chop the channels in half.

What further hardware details do you need?

Is the RayDAT set to internal clock and no input signals are available (I ask because external sync would cause a similar behaviour)? Then there is a communication problem on the PCIe bus. If the card still workks on a different computer it is (for whatever reason) incompatible to that motherboard. All you can try is a different PCIe slot and a BIOS update for the motherboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, the RayDAT is set to internal clock and no there are no input signals because nothing is connected to it yet.  Could that be the cause?  Will it behave differently if I connect one of my preamps?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, no.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME