Topic: Slot pcie ?

Hello,

I just ordered a card with AO4S HDSPe AIO - 192 and I wanted to know if the ports PCIe were compatible.
Can I install the card in a PCIe x16 slot (8x)?
This because the motherboards often have layout that do not allow the use of PCIe 1x slots. For example with the Asus ... (P8Z68) card AIO and its extension can not be installed with a card which also uses graphyque 2 slot ...

Re: Slot pcie ?

Nobody know ? nothing.

Well, I answer myself: you can put a PCIe 1x slot on top!
Thank you for your help :-)

You can just put an pcie 1x device in an 16x, 8x, or 4x pcie slot.

Yes, that's what I meant with my "google english"

6 (edited by anttipi 2011-12-14 11:56:09)

djselbeck wrote:

So... AIO can't be installed in a PCIe 1x slot?!

My 16x slot already has a video card in it and there are no 8x or 4x slots on my motherboard. Only two 1x slots. And I already ordered AIO assuming a 1x slot would be fine. HeadScratch

Edit: Maybe I'm just stupid. Surely a 1x device will work in a 1x slot (?).

Yes, of course. 1x  cards work fine in 1x slots, or any other type of PCIe slot.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

anttipi wrote:
djselbeck wrote:

So... AIO can't be installed in a PCIe 1x slot?!

My 16x slot already has a video card in it and there are no 8x or 4x slots on my motherboard. Only two 1x slots. And I already ordered AIO assuming a 1x slot would be fine. HeadScratch

Edit: Maybe I'm just stupid. Surely a 1x device will work in a 1x slot (?).

Why talking about stupid !

I just ask if it's possible to use a pcie x different to a pcie 1x.
Why? and although as I said in my first post, I use the card with its extension AIOS AIO 192 and, in this configuration using two slots which does more with a graphics card. Indeed, with the motherboard asus cited as an example and if you turn the AIO in a 1x PCIe slot, it will not go with the extension and the motherboard ...
I hope you understand my english but I can not believe no one has ever been affected by this kind of problem.

Hi Gufau,
The AIO card will fit in any available 16x, 8x 4x or 1x slot. The daughter cards cable will be able to reach the main card no matter which slot it is in.
You can attach the daughter card to any of the seven open back plane slot on your computer case.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Thanks,

Well, I can not seem to understand the problem but I was wondering, it does not matter.
Today I installed my card and AIOS192 AIO and it sounds very very good ...