Topic: HPSPe + Multiface II + Windows 7 = driving me crazy

Good day.

I'm trying to install the Hamerfall DSP Multiface II with HDSPe PCI card on a PC with Win7 installed but with absolutely no success.

I saw on the RME site that there is no autorun of the driver install with Windows 7 and that I would have to manually fire it from the Device Manager.

When I open Device Manager my Multiface II does not appear under "Sound, video and game controllers", as is indicated on the site. It appears under "Other devices" as a Multimedia Audio Controller. I right click and ask it to find drivers, but it tells me that it is not able to.

Re: HPSPe + Multiface II + Windows 7 = driving me crazy

dray665 wrote:

Good day.

I'm trying to install the Hamerfall DSP Multiface II with HDSPe PCI card on a PC with Win7 installed but with absolutely no success.

I saw on the RME site that there is no autorun of the driver install with Windows 7 and that I would have to manually fire it from the Device Manager.

When I open Device Manager my Multiface II does not appear under "Sound, video and game controllers", as is indicated on the site. It appears under "Other devices" as a Multimedia Audio Controller. I right click and ask it to find drivers, but it tells me that it is not able to.

You will need to manually point it to your drivers. I suggest you download the latest drivers AND firmware from the RME site. unzip them to an easy location like your desktop, follow the instructions and point windows towards the folder you unzipped.

Isaac P