Topic: HDSPe AIO Ubuntu Studio

Hi,

I'm asking if HDSPe AIO is supported by alsa? Since i couldn't conifg the card under alsamixer, it shows nothing about output neither analogue or digital, i can only see options for input only, even i correctly selected "Playback" view in alsamixer. Currently using Ubuntu Studio 10.10. in System - Preferences - Sound, also see nothing about my card, can only see the ati hdmi output.

Used aplay -l, the name shows is HDSPM MADI, instead of something like AIO or HDSPe.
Used cat /proc/asound/card0/hdspm, same see no information about output at all.

FYI, the card's firmware has never been updated ever, is that neccessary to do so?
Also, the alsa driver is most up to date.

Any ideas?

Thx!!!

2 (edited by Lomaxx 2011-02-12 20:22:36)

Re: HDSPe AIO Ubuntu Studio

Seems like the Linux-support for the HDSPe AIO is on the way, although it's still a bit early right now. My personal opinion is that someone who plans to buy the card for Linux - like myself - should wait and see how well it will be supported in future. In any way i was happy to read the following:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/81083

@solo16:

Did you try to follow the instructions at the bottom of this page?

Hi everybody,

I'm actually looking at this RME  HDSPe AIO. For my home studio activity, I work on Windows Seven. But for all other activities, I'm using Kubuntu (Oneiric 11.10; kernel 3.0; alsa 1.0.24).

Is this RME HDSPe AIO working fine for :
- Listenning Music with a standard player (amarok ...) ?
- Watching a movie (VLC ...) ? What about multichannel 5.1 or 7.1 and DTS ?
- System sounds ?

There is no problem to use it through Pulseaudio ?

All precisions are really welcome.

Thank you.

Hi, All HDSPe AIO Ubuntu Studio Users,
I finally made this card work with Ubuntu Studio and here is the configuration:
Ubuntu Studio 11.04 32 bit version
Kernel 3.2.6 rt 13, need to be compiled
alsa 1.0.25.4 download at a Germany website and then compiled onto kernel 3.2.6 rt13
Now can work with players such as Audacity, Audaciou and MOCP too at 44.1 KHz basically.
It sounds superiorly too.

Cheers,
MK Senior
Hong Kong