Topic: Mytek AD 8x96 adat via Fireface 800

Hi:
I have a problem. In the past I have a two channels Mytek AD96 converter that work perfect with my FF800 via adat on all the sample rates (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96). I change for a Mytek AD 8x96 with adat card. I connect the new converter via adat and work perfect on 44.1 and 48 sample rates but not at 88.2 or 96. When I chose 88.2 or 96 on the Mytek (how master) the FF800 lost the adat sync and the rme panel led flashes. I also connect the Mytek with a wordclock cable. I need help.
Thanks.

Re: Mytek AD 8x96 adat via Fireface 800

I have updated the drives/firmware and the problem is not solved.
When I chose the doble speed switch (for 88.2 or 96 sample rates) on Mytek, It lost the adat sync.

Are you sure? Our Settings panel will show Lock instead of Sync as long as the card is not set to 96 kHz. You need to perform a playback (or recording) at that sample rate for the internal clock to change. And I wouldn't be astonished if your old 2-channel Mytek did not work with ADAT but SPDIF optical. Then the sample rate changes directly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks....
The setting panel show "adat 1: not lock and green led flashes". The RME mixer not receive any sound. I will try your

I have news. I try switch in the Mytek rear panel for a wordclock out at 44.1 or 48 for a 88.2 or 96 sample rates, and work. If I set the wordclock out from Mytek at single speed when I work a double speed... ¿¿¿I really work at 88.2 and 96 sample rates????

Hello. I have the same problem with an RME UFX. Did you solve the problem??

I can sync both machines if the word clock out is set to 44,1 (with the switches that are in the back).
Maybe this is because smux splits one 88,2 signal in two 44,1??