Topic: Windows 8 PCMCIA to PCI adapter not working anyone?

Hi,

After upgrading  to win8 x64 i find now on the Device Manager the litlle "!" mark on the pcmcia to pci ricoh adapter i was using flawlessly on my old win XP x64. This one, specifically:

Ricoh R/RL/RT/RC/5C475 (II), R5C520 o Compatible controller

Any other HDSP user found this issue? Was this adapter/chipset compatible with win7 x64?

Thanks in advance

Re: Windows 8 PCMCIA to PCI adapter not working anyone?

Hello, please contact the PC manufacturer or check the Ricoh website for updates. This issue is not RME related.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Thermaltake 2012-11-02 14:25:01)

I have the same adapter, you have to flash your RME PCMCIA card with latest firmware to work on win 7 64 bit or later, and when you download and open flasher be sure that you select PCMCIA card not PCI card, flash it restart PC, and install latest DSP drivers, and thats it.

From what I gathered, the problem is the Ricoh showing up with the exclamation mark in the Device Manager, not the HDSP card - am I wrong?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by Thermaltake 2012-11-02 20:13:01)

If that is a problem than go in device manager find that ricoh device with exclamation mark right click --> update driver software --> and pick "search automatically for update sofware drivers" , don't know how windows didn't find drivers by it self, cause mine did and I have same adapter as you, but never mind, if this is a problem try it, you don't have anything to lose.