1 (edited by alecsm 2013-01-13 22:40:02)

Topic: Multiface II crashes Windows 8

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 8 on my freshly formatted system partition ( C ). Everything ran smoothly untill I tried to install my audio interface, Multiface II.

I have installed the latest driver and I have updated the firmware afterwards. Now, every time I set the RME as the default playback device and I try to open anything related to sound, the OS crashes.

What might be the problem? Any compability issues with Win 8?

It also crashes if I open the DIGICheck tool.

Any advice given will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Alex M

Re: Multiface II crashes Windows 8

How does the MF connect to the computer? PCI or PCIe?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, apologies for not mentioning.

It`s a HDSP Cardbus connected to a notebook with an adapter PCMCIA to PCI.

4 (edited by alecsm 2013-01-14 13:59:25)

Ok, I reinstalled Windows 8. The first thing that I did was to "Disable driver signature enforcement". Just found out that Microsoft forces you to use Digitally Signed Drivers for Win 8 and 7. It seemed like a good idea. Here is a helpful guide on how to do this http://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-dr … windows-8/

Afterwards, I installed the RME drivers and updated the firmware. It was the second thing that I did and to my astonishment everything worked perfectly fine. I finally had sound ! (and it felt good ! )

The third thing that I did was to install the drivers for the Video Card. I have an old NVidia Geforce Go 7300, the latest driver being from 2009 for Windows Vista. After I did this, I tested the sound and it severely crashed again, like having a small buffer size and every window/app opened crashing.

At least no I know what the problem is.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks.

Regards,
Alex M

Looks like you have to continue to use the Microsoft standard video driver then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME