1 (edited by knoll 2013-01-14 23:17:32)

Topic: UFX / TotalMix FX: Loopback Problem

Hi,

I'm trying to get a simple loopback working but I'm missing something here. I have used the loopback functionality before but now I just can't get it to work.

Example:
- Output 3/4 submix is getting signal
- Enable Loopback for Output 3/4
- At this point I should see the same signal at Input 3/4 but there is no signal (same goes for all other output/input pairs)

What could be the issue? Have I disabled the loopback functionality somehow? Loose cable inside the unit?

Edit: I'm using Windows 7 64bit. I updated the drivers and reinstalled firmware to see if that would help but it didn't. Also, I did Total Reset for TotalMix without success.

Re: UFX / TotalMix FX: Loopback Problem

You don't see the loopback signal in the mixer - but in the recording software...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Just noticed the same, except using DigiCheck. Thanks for the response. Did it use to show in TotalMix FX or do I just remember incorrectly smile ?

The signal is not visible because it is not there. You don't route back to the mixer input. That would cause terrible feedback immediately.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, there would be the risk of terrible feedback if one would not be careful to which output the loopbacked signal would be routed. I think I just remembered it incorrectly how the loopback works.