Topic: I am NOT a bloddy spammer

But when using the forum without first logging in I AM A BLODDY SPAMMER.

First, I wouldn't like to be confused with a spammer. Second, shouldn't it say BLOODY, and last, could you add a message saying, Please Login! or put that nonsense off?

Re: I am NOT a bloddy spammer

Please mail me a screenshot of what exactly you see, and your IP address, this should not be happening.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Here you... ah, no you don't, no file upload, hmm...
So you will need to logout and have a look by yourself:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=323
and scroll down to Matthias last post.

To me it looked ike it gets triggered by certain phrases in a posts' text body. On the studio system I could find plenty of them, and they disappeared when I logged in. On a different machine now, I can even find them when logged in.

Best regards
Boris

bvogeler wrote:

To me it looked ike it gets triggered by certain phrases in a posts' text body.

Quite correct, and it's there to get on the nerves of, well, bloody spammers, there are quite a few here. MC accidentally dropped an n from channel, which turned the word into the name of a company that has been the subjectof spam here.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Wow! So a typo of 'chanel' instead of 'channel' causes a spammer message? Weired. This forum seems to live :-O

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Holy...it works! rotfl

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, and funny. I am somehow relieved there is no hacking involved here. So we have to be careful with typing. I like that. But doesn't this procedure require quite a huge blacklist... No need to answer, however, I'd like to see sort of more explanation in the pilloring.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying, and happy... chanel to y'all

Yes, this is a manually edited blacklist. It sometimes does work quite well, e.g. with the umpteenth spam posting for counterfeit clothing etc.

That said, maybe I should remove the one with the typo in "channel"...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME