Topic: monitoring problem

Hi, got my RME HDSP 9632 working with Cubase 7 after a few confusing hours, however I am unable to monitor a vocal with a reverb from within Cubase ( did this all the time with a Focusrite pro 24 ) I'm sure this is possible but just don't know if this is a Cubase thing or an RME thing, I can hear the vocal during monitoring and I can record the vocal ok but just can not get the reverb to track with the vocal..If i play drums through a midi  then somehow this ok and I can hear the reverb on the drums, so why isn't it on the vocal, this is driving me up the wall but I'm sure I'm missing something that's staring me in the face, any help much appreciated and thanks..Kevin

Re: monitoring problem

It´s a cubase thing. It is difficult to set op correctly and there are several ways to aprouch it.
Dry vocal through total mix and only reverb from cubase or vocal and reverb through cubase. The last option is easier but has latency. The first option has no latency.
If you use the first option use a pre fader reverb send in cubase so you can set the main fader to silent,
If you use the second option use post fader send. Remember to activate monitoring on the recording track, the little speaker icon.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Re: monitoring problem

Yes, that worked..can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me, thanks again, Kevin