Topic: Linux (Ubuntu) driver ?

Hi .
I would like to know - will be able to release  Linux ( Ubuntu ) driver for RME FireFace UC ???
I have Ubuntu on my PC , it has vary god software for DAW ( ARDOUR ) , but can't use my FF UC sad ... that's why I asked smile.
Thanks .

RME: FireFace UC , Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) , iPad Air .

Re: Linux (Ubuntu) driver ?

No driver at the moment. Only RME Pci devices work reliable at the moment but not all (the driver for new cards is new)

sad
will waiting for smile...

RME: FireFace UC , Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) , iPad Air .

4 (edited by djselbeck 2011-06-25 22:03:30)

Yep, working with an Expresscard and Multiface 2 and it is a great combination under linux. You should check support, before buying hardware wink. But I also think it is time for RME to change their view of linux. Like ATI and Nvidia did.

I really like the UFX but lack of drivers is killing my interest.

I'm mad about getting a Babyface.  But if there isn't a driver for linux I'll spend my money in other site.  I can't understand this ideas of no giving support to linux. 

Salut

By the way, this is not the first time I've found something like this.  Professional audio companies would'nt forget to give support to linux.  There are a lot of people waiting for it.  I've got two creamware cards waiting for an impossible.  What a pity¡ 
Cheers.

Hi. I've seen the specifications and read a lot of staff about RME Fireface UFX. I would be the final solution for me. Recording live to my HD and mixing it at home with my linux box.

Are you planning a linux support for this interface?

Thanks

Aljosa

Hi,

One-up for this thread.
I'm dual-booting between Ubuntu and Windows 7.
For Ubuntu, there's no sound for my RME UC.
It would be great if RME could support Ubuntu drivers.

Thanks.

Pier.

lppier wrote:

Hi,

One-up for this thread.
I'm dual-booting between Ubuntu and Windows 7.
For Ubuntu, there's no sound for my RME UC.
It would be great if RME could support Ubuntu drivers.

that's right it would be great if RME could support Ubuntu drivers

my link: http://bit.ly/18eCAKl

They never did and they will never do it. The Alsa-Driver for the HDSP-Cards is not the work of RME, but of volunteers of the Linux-Community via Reverse-Engineering. RME is much too scared of giving out "industrial secrets".