Topic: direct OSC control of matrix/level parameters

I’m looking into using the HDSPe MADI FX as a system engine for automated routing and level control of MADI streams in complex live situations. Reviewing the current OSC implementation of the HDSPe MADI FX, it's obviously meant for remote editing/monitoring of the Totalmix software, including the pages structure for 8 channel bank mode. Does anyone have experience in circumventing the 8 channel bank mode in an OSC application? Are there any plans for direct control through OSC of the matrix and level parameters of the HDSPe MADI FX?

Re: direct OSC control of matrix/level parameters

Global access is on our list and might come this year. No exact date at this time...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on. Does the same apply to the MADIface XT?

MC wrote:

Global access is on our list and might come this year. No exact date at this time...

Excellent!

MC wrote:

Wait a second.. does this mean what I think it does?
Direct access to all settings without having to change submixes?
And for UFX also? Do you think you might add the option to have the mute buttons affect one submix only? So that each input mute in each submix would have its own remote command.
With these additions I could finally do EVERYTHING I want. smile

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

MC wrote:

Perhaps as a 10 year surprise? big_smile

All kidding and annoyance aside, I could honestly use the global OSC support soon.
After upgrading to Big Sur, I’ve had a lot of trouble keeping my TotalMix submixes in partial sync using OSC-MIDI translations. It feels like for some reason midi is now slower than previously, and often the faders seem to get their levels from wrong submixes altogether. Not every time, but often enough to make the setup really unreliable.
Not sure if this has to do with the new OS, or the fact that I had to update RME drivers / Totalmix FX too.

Global OSC would simplify the setup so that I could do the same thing and more, without changing submixes all the time.

Are there still not any news about when global OSC might be added to TotalMix FX?

yes ive been hoping for global OSC for a long time also.. given its been 10yrs maybe its just too difficult ?