Topic: New TotalMix FX 0.93 RC for Windows

Hello,

this is the relase candidate for next monday. We would be glad about some feedback and tests. If you want (and can) follow the instructions below. Make sure to use the latest drivers and firmware before installing TM FX!

Thanks for testing!

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/tmfx_win_093rc.zip

--------------------------------

Installation: exit TotalMix FX from the SysTray, then copy the new file into Windows\System32, overwriting the old one. Then start TotalMix FX or reboot the computer. Check the new version in the About dialog.

Fixes:

- Stereo Width was not reset via Reset Mix
- Corrupted workspaces could set different values for left/right channel effects
- Loopback is activated after standby/start (UFX only)
- Corrupted display of channel names in slim mode with active MIDI remote
- Open/close state of the panels was not saved correctly in the workspace*
- Groups did not work per workspace (as intended), but per Snapshot*
- First usage after installation had wrong mixer state
- Activated DIM did not stay active when Speaker B had been active and Main assignment changed
- Speaker B fader is set correctly when its assignment changes and 'Do not Load Main volumes ' is activated
- Talkback to Phones 4 did not work (UFX/UC only)*
- Initial state of channels (slim/normal) could have been wrong on load

* Introduced in last version 0.924

New/Changes:

- Mackie Control Options (F3): Enable, single fader for stereo, LCD support, level meters
- New Option under Reset Mix: Total Reset
- New Option under Reset Mix: Set Output Volumes (to 0 dB). The third row is no longer set to 0 dB using the other reset options.
- Trim Gain: current routing is shown as white triangle
- Ctrl-click on the channel panel buttons opens/closes all other channel panels to the right
- Global Solo state is stored and loaded from Snapshot
- Low cut included in the EQ's frequency diagram
- TM FX can now be started by a workspace file. When already running a double click on a tmws file will load the stored state. Note that the open link to TotalMixFX.exe has to be set manually at this time. Double click a tmws file and follow Windows' instructions, navigate to \Windows\system\TotalMixFX.exe.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: New TotalMix FX 0.93 RC for Windows

The totalmix fx screen froze several times with pure music playback, had to restart totalmix. The music playback was working all the time though.

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording

Did you post in the wrong thread (Windows)? Please give us more details, we would like to fix this error, of course. When TM FX froze, did it say 'disconnected'?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Moshiko 2011-02-12 18:36:06)

Hi Matthias,
A small bug with the interface (TMFX 0.93 b6, FFUFX-FW):
When double-clicking the pan areas to enter a value, a dialog is opening without an edit control.
This happens when double-clicking the areas marked in red:
[img align=C]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8762/tmfxpanbug.jpg[/img]
Thanks.

Well, the dialog says: Display Value (No Entry). Pretty clear, IMHO.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

For some reason I thought that that worked on earlier versions, but apareantly I am wrong smile
Anyway I think that instead of showing a dialog that do nothing, it would be better to ask for an input value in the range between -100..100.

And BTW, pressing "Help" on these dialogs displays a message in German instead of English.

So you want to set the level value that the level meter has to display :-)

> pressing "Help" on these dialogs displays a message in German instead of English.

Now that's a useful info, thanks!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

LOL... rotfl
I meant to set the pan level (when double clicking on the top value).

Moshiko wrote:

For some reason I thought that that worked on earlier versions, but apareantly I am wrong smile
Anyway I think that instead of showing a dialog that do nothing, it would be better to ask for an input value in the range between -100..100.

And BTW, pressing "Help" on these dialogs displays a message in German instead of English.

Yes - basically to say it cant open the help file. I thought it might be because Window 7 security getting in the way, but even after you open the help file directly and uncheck the tick to allow the file to be opened, still get same message.

BTW - I noticed on the original intsall on first run, it would appear the driver installer does not currently enable the DLL to be run, so first time the user gets asked if it should be allowed to run. Smae again after you copy over this RC version (fair enough would expect it on a manula copy, but not the base driver install).

These help links are not yet linked to specific topics. Only the help from the menu works.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

11 (edited by Khazul 2011-02-17 15:44:17)

Allways get:

---------------------------
TotalMix FX
Die Hilfe konnte nicht aufgerufen werden.
OK   

Whatever help menu ittem I click on

This error message is not possible with the menu (Help - Current function etc).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Its been this way since the original install of CD, and the same with the rc as well. And I definately mean the Help menu items (except about) in TotalMix FX (defainetely this beta - About dialog confirms the version as you had me starting to wonder for a moment).

It might not be supposed to be possible, but is defintely actually possible wink

There is no dll. The help file is a .chm. You read this one?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10042

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Fwiw I also get that German error message when accessing Help from the menu (Current function / contents / search). The .chm file is not blocked. The only way to open it is to open directly from System32 folder and not from TotalmixFX itself.

16 (edited by Khazul 2011-02-17 20:14:28)

No - hadnt read that, but I had unblocked the help file already - which is what I hinted it above when I mentioned windows security smile

Ok, as the menu access works on my (german) machine I wonder if the menu access does not work on english windows in general. I would be astonished as we did not get such feedback until now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

18 (edited by Khazul 2011-02-18 10:40:54)

Maybe this will help? Filtered Dump from SysInternals Procmon.exe (sorry, couldnt see any way to just attach to a post)

09:15:33.5560455    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5564032    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MUI\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5564787    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MUI\0009\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5565727    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    RegQueryValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\HTML Help\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Length: 144
09:15:33.5616530    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5617614    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\help\mui\0009\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5621524    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5622445    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\CompHelp\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5623183    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\CompHelp\mui\0009\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5623960    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\CompHelp\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5625961    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5627902    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5631049    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5633557    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MUI\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5634330    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MUI\0009\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5635241    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    RegQueryValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\HTML Help\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Length: 144
09:15:33.5639758    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5640564    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\help\mui\0009\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5644250    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5646006    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\CompHelp\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5646841    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\CompHelp\mui\0009\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5647589    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\CompHelp\mui\0409\TotalMixFX.CHM    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5649576    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
09:15:33.5651614    TotalMixFX.exe    4296    CreateFile    C:\Windows\Help\TotalMixFX.CHM    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

As you can see - it never actually checks the location in which the file is installed (\Windows\System32\TotalMixFx.chm)
I cant remember precisely which specific language windows this is, I have a feeling it was Win/64 ultimate international, with langage and all regional settings set to UK/English-UK.

Perhapas it works fine on american or normal UK distributions, though I dont recall any reason why that should be so.

If I copy it to say Windows/Help, then the help file opens correctly.

Help works fine for me on Win 7 32 bit (US). I checked v964, v966, and v93beta6. Of course, I had to go to System32 and "Unblock" the .chm file first, then actually launch it once directly from the System32 folder, and click "Allow" on the security dialog. After this, I can launch the file directly from the Help menu in TMFX.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Khazul, thanks for the detailed report! This is a small bug during installation. Copy the file TotalMixFx.chm into the directory Windows\syswow64 and it will work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Excellent - yep that solved it.

Matthias, I looove the new support for names, levels and stereo combined on one fader using the Mackie MCU Pro.
Just what I was missing :-)
This makes the UFX much more useful live together with the MCU.
But there are a few minor issues:

Issue 1:
When I use the F1-8 buttons to load setup 1-8, the track names in the MCU are not updated
according to the channels stereo/mono settings. Have to swap page and back to get them correct.

Issue 2:
When turning on/off the new options (Enable full LCD support, Send level messages etc),
The text being unused in the new mode on the MCU display is just left there, It's a little annoying.
Would be good if you could clear the whole display after an option change before you start showing
the information again, or at startup.
Test: Try starting the MCU with none of the new TMFX options enabled. Then turn on the "Send level messages"
You'll see the 'a' and the 'e' left in between the tracks on the display.
Then turn on 'Full LCD support' , click OK, watch the track names on the MCU. Then turn off the option again.
Current track names are left in the display.

Issue 3:
When using the "Stereo combined on one fader", the Rec buttons correctly lits up one at a time instead of two
together, making it quicker to control 8 stereo outputs without changing pages. This is very nice, BUT
it doesn't work in row 1 (Input row), where there are still 2 Rec buttons together and only 4 possible stereo outputs
selectable in one page.

When I do MIDI from the MCU in standalone mode (No PC connected) , it's not using the new MCU display options (names,values,stereo...)
Haven't found any place to set these options on the unit either.
I had everything working fine with the PC and MCU, Saved as setup 1, but nothing helped.
Is this only working with the PC connected or does this come with the a firmware?

BR, Geir.

Hi!

You know, the new Mackie Control features really puts a big smile on my face :-)
Still, I have a few wishes to make my smile even bigger (if possible):

Wish 1:
When I change the name of a channel in TMFX (to Kick, Snare, Bass git. etc), I would like to see that name on the MCU instead of "AN 1", "AN 2" etc.
Please show the first 6 letters of the channel name on the MCU, possibly controlled by a new option.
Hope that these names are available in the unit also (not only TM) so that this is possible. If not, please evaluate sending the channel names to the unit and
storing there within the setups and then send to the MCU.

Wish 2:
When working live, with PC connected for display overview and fx control, you often don't need the Software playback row.
Even when doing 2Rows in the TMFX, you still have to press up/down twice on the MCU every time you want to toggle
between the input row (1) and the output row (3).
It would be nice to have the possibility to jump between 1 and 3 directly, like in the standalone mode, to save clicks and
to avoid the fader movements every time you pass through row 2 on the way from 1->3 or 3->1

Suggestion alt.1:
On the MCU there are buttons for "Inputs" and "Outputs". Let them jump to the Input row (1) or the output row(3) directly.
Suggestion alt.2:
I discovered that the buttons "Track" and "Send" does the same as "Arrow up/down".
Why not let these two jump between row 1 and 3 directly (Track:3, Send:1)?
Then you can use the arrows if you want to reach row 2.
Suggestion alt.3:
When 2Rows are selected in the TMFX, skip row 2 like in standalone mode.

Wish 2:
FX send/return levels controllable from the MCU.
Why not use the "Send" button for this (toggle vpots btw pan and send)?

Actually I would have used the "Send" as a toggle for switching vpots btw pan and send,
then the arrows to jump page 1-2-3 in normal mode and page 1-3 in 2Row mode.
Then I would have used "Track" or "Audio tracks" for jumping to Row 2 directly, in case I have some playback stuff.

...or maybe let the Software playback be row 1 and solve the whole issue...

Hey, there's a lot of ways to solve this. The "Track" and "Send" buttons are not documented in the manual,
so why not use them for something else than arrow up/down, which is already covered by the arrows?

Anyways, I'm very happy with the UFX. It's a VERY powerful machine :-)

BR, Geir.

In standalone mode doing MIDI control, I always have to use the rear MIDI ports (1), even if I've specified port 2 in totalmix.
Shouldn't this be stored in the "Store current state into device" ?
Looks like all the MIDI settings in TM are not stored at the unit to be used in standalone mode.

Geir.

Nice feedback! We'll see what we can do.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi again!

Just a minor...when option "Send level messages" is enabled, together with "Enable full LCD support",
the RME is sending the Fader (numeric) values AND the graphical signal level indicator (bar)
at the same time. I don't know how other units show this, but the MCU shows the numeric fader values for a few ms
before showing the graphical signal level indicator again. The fader values are displayed for such a short time that they are
almost impossible to read. The values are flickering while moving a fader, and they disappear after movement stops.
This generates unnecessary load of the MIDI stream and is not really necessary as the values are just flickering anyways.

I'd say you may skip sending the fader values when "Send level messages" option is enabled,
or that you send them, and then wait 1 sec after every sent value before continue sending the signal level again,
to make them readable (which is nice).

Geir.

gkilsti wrote:

When I do MIDI from the MCU in standalone mode (No PC connected) , it's not using the new MCU display options (names,values,stereo...)
Haven't found any place to set these options on the unit either.
I had everything working fine with the PC and MCU, Saved as setup 1, but nothing helped.
Is this only working with the PC connected or does this come with the a firmware?

We have no memory in the UFX to store those user defined channel names. So this feature is limited to host connected mode. There are also some other features that are pure software and therefore never available stand-alone.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

29 (edited by gkilsti 2011-02-26 15:33:31)

OK. I understand.
Will mostly use in host-connected mode anyways, for the nice TM display.

Well, it would be nice to at least have the new parameters in the hw unit, to be able to get
the fixed track names (AN1/2, AN3, AN4...) and possibly signal levels at the MCU in standalone mode.
May have to close the TMFX when recording (many channels) a live show, to ease the FW bus a little :-)

Geir.

Hi!

There is a bug in TMFX related to switching between different MIDI remote control ports.
This is what I do:
"Enable MIDI control" and "Enable protocol support" is ON.
The rest of the Mackie Control options are OFF
Switching between several different controller sources very often causes the TMFX to crash with message:
"TotalMix FX has stopped working" and will be closed.

It happens more often when I switch to or from an active controller,
but I've even seen it twice when switching between RMEs "Fireface MIDI port 1" and 2 with no external controller connected.

I always use the same interface for MIDI in and out during testing.

It happens more often if one or more of the Mackie Control options are checked.

Debug info:
When it crashes during switching to the "Fireface MIDI port" with my MCU connected (and powered on), I always see that the TMFX
manages to send the first track name (typically "AN 1") to the MCU before it crashes.

Attached is some crash info from my W7 64bit (which I have A LOT of after some extensive testing :-)).
Let me know if you need anything else.

Geir.

--------------
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-02T11:55:01.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>8321</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>GeirsW7</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>TotalMixFX.exe</Data>
  <Data>0.0.93.0</Data>
  <Data>4d4c0727</Data>
  <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
  <Data>6.1.7600.16695</Data>
  <Data>4cc7ab86</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>00038db9</Data>
  <Data>c44</Data>
  <Data>01cbd8d0a1ef760e</Data>
  <Data>D:\rme\ff800ufx\TotalMixFX.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
  <Data>e6d82146-44c3-11e0-ae6c-90e6ba4e3503</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

I see that you use TM FX not from the Windows subdir. Are you sure the (older?) version in there is not active anymore?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I think so.
I've exited totalmixfx from the status bar and verified that no totalmix processes are running. Then I run the new version
by clicking the exe file.
My original installed files ended up here:
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fireface.inf_amd64_neutral_38f4cb9f5f1235f8\TotalMixFX.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\fireface_usb.inf_amd64_neutral_5d39c0de5132140b\TotalMixFX.exe
together with the dlls, the chms, inf, sys etc.
Kinda weird...and I'm not allowed to copy the new exe file over these ones, even as administrator. Files are write protected.
Only SYSTEM user can change.

Never been able to get any help info working either. Even tried copying the chm file to the syswow64 folder
where the fireface_asio.dll and fireface_usb_asio.dll ended up.

Geir.

33 (edited by gkilsti 2011-03-02 15:48:32)

OK, I found the files now. Was just my filemanager program that didn't show them.
Running the exe file from the system32 directory, where the new beta version is now started automatically by windows,
I still get the same crashes :-(

Geir.

-----------------
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-02T14:26:26.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>8440</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>GeirsW7</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>TotalMixFX.exe</Data>
  <Data>0.0.93.0</Data>
  <Data>4d4c0727</Data>
  <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
  <Data>6.1.7600.16695</Data>
  <Data>4cc7ab86</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>00038db9</Data>
  <Data>e90</Data>
  <Data>01cbd8e5bd9f575e</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\System32\TotalMixFX.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>
  <Data>0e0612aa-44d9-11e0-842b-90e6ba4e3503</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Ok, we'll check next week.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

About Main-Volume and Balance
Maybe it's not the same fault as we discussed above but it seems to be quite similar

When I'm turning the Encoder Knob at the Fireface UC I get a moving shifter within the Main-Section
but in the mean time the balance knob turns as well (instead of keeping its position).

See the little Film here.

Thanks for checking this (as well).

All the best

Beat Kaufmann

[small]BTW
I'm a happy FireFace User since this Afternoon!
Hope that this little "blemish" will be improved soon.[/small]

Live-Recording
www.musik-produktion-createc.ch

Beat Kaufmann wrote:

About Main-Volume and Balance

When I'm turning the Encoder Knob at the Fireface UC I get a moving shifter within the Main-Section
but in the mean time the balance knob turns as well (instead of keeping its position)...

Addition to my upper post:
This "effect" happens with all shifter-Balance Knob-pairs in each channel!
???
Could it be that I'm doing something wrong?

Best
Beat Kaufmann

Live-Recording

Yes, you have set the UC to mono mode. Push the encoder knob for a second.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

38 (edited by mabian 2011-03-26 18:55:19)

MC wrote:

What's this mono mode? I found no mention to it in the docs, though pushing the encoder for a second in my UC shows alternate on/off display, but no apparent change in TotalMix. Can you give me some directions about it?

Thank you,
    Mario

i7700k@4.2GHz/16GB RAM/RME FFUC/1.25TB SSD/4TB HD/Win10x64
http://www.reverbnation.com/errepici

39 (edited by Beat Kaufmann 2011-03-28 00:38:34)

MC wrote:

Worked!
Thanks a lot!
I'm happy :-):-):-)

Beat Kaufmann

Live-Recording

Is the shortcuts for "Snapshots" working? I can't make it work.

Sorry, no.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey smile
I have some suggestions:
I would like a TAP button for delay time.
And it would be nice to have a GR meter, to see how much dB is cut by the compression.

Thx smile
PS: I like the blue color!!!!
Recording rig

Yeah! FINALY somebody mentioned the TAP button! I suggest a MIDI mapping for that too.
After all a midi learn feature would be the best solution, but if all features of TM FX will have a fixed midi mapping one might route and manage it trough a third party software solution.

GR meter is a feature that is critical for the compressor, it's really hard to use it without any indicators! And a threshold indicator on the level meter would be nice too, I guess it ain't hard to add a simple bar on the meter.

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording

Only few days since installed and LOVE IT......

would be nice to have that GAIN control (for turntable input) more sensitive, first touch on knob
and it jumps +9dB
otherwise just perfect.

I'll like to know which is the screen resolution to have the three columns in total mix version 0.93 in my Dell 15 inches monitor. My suggest is to have a scroll to the next version. Thnx in advanced.