Topic: HDSP 9652-EW PLAY Mysteriously Stopped Working

I have a Core Duo VisionDaw Running Vista Business with PLAY Libraries (standalone) that has been working great for a year. System has an RME 9652.

Yesterday, I opened a session that had been working fine the day before and PLAY was lifeless. (no changes were made on my computer since it was working fine)

Desperate for a solution, I updated PLAY to the latest version. Still no activity at all from PLAY, either from CPU Monitor, LED Lights, or Test Tone. Completely Dead.

PLAY works fine in Plogue Bidule and Kontakt works fine with the ASIO Hammerfall selected.
And PLAY snaps to life if I select Direct Sound, instead of the ASIO Driver. Switching back and it all goes dead again. It just just will not work in standalone.

Have updated my 9652 card with the flash device to the latest firmware and also the latest driver.

Still no Sound.

Pretty desperate as I have projects looming!

Thanks

Paul

2 (edited by dubaifox 2011-01-28 15:51:58)

Re: HDSP 9652-EW PLAY Mysteriously Stopped Working

Did a complete uninstall of all PLAY Library Software, downloaded a fresh installer but still PLAY is dead in the water. I am getting worried because most tech supports people first reactions are..."hmmm this is strange...never heard of that."

3 (edited by vinark 2011-01-28 14:35:35)

Could be a simple output routing issue, so check that first and see if you see any signal in total mix, that is not routed to an output. Then check how the outputs are set up in play. (btw I also have a 9652 but not play....) (or check output setup of play first).
Also check the midi setup of play while you are at it.

If that doesn´t help, the only thing I can think of is, uninstall play software and clean system. So remove all play folders (do a search , so also in application data etc) and clean the registry of all things related to EW play. But registry is dangerous so only if you know what you are doing.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

clean system.

Funny enough, that is what I am trying to do with my RME HDSP drivers. Delete everything relating to them to re-install, but now I am running into the problem of not being able to delete files with Vista, in safe mode, UAC on or off...and scouring the endless post online about how hard it is to delete files in Vista.

No solutions.

I am hosed and a director showing up on my doorstep in 10 hours.