Topic: Rme Fireface 800 rack mounting

hy guys,
I have never had a rack or rack mounted equipment so my question is if it is possible to rack mount the ff800 without any rackadapters or do I need to buy one?
I suppose I will have to buy one since I don't know where the screws would fit in from the pictures I have looked up on the internet but it doesn't hurt to ask smile

Re: Rme Fireface 800 rack mounting

See here: http://www.rme-audio.de/images/products … 800_2b.jpg

The FF800 has regular rack ears on the left and right sides. Should be obvious how it works.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

hey Jeff, as I bought my fireface second hand I don' have these rack ears sad do these ears come with the fireface normally and can I buy them somewhere?

Please contact a local RME retailer or the distributor in your country.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

One thing to be aware of is that metric rack bolts are larger than US rack bolts and that the FF800 ears need a slight bit of filing of the holes to get them to fit.

The distributor in Australia OKed the filing to not void the warranty, but was perplexed as to why I needed to file. Seems that metric bolts are not used all that much! I had bought a Samson 21U rack and could assemble it to use metric or US. Being in a metric country, I chose metric. But seems no-one else does. Most other racks I have found to be US.

On music hiatus, so RMEs have gone to homes where others can enjoy them.