1 (edited by Yorgos 2011-02-08 19:14:33)

Topic: Proper way to turn off FF400 ?

Hello to everyone i am a new FF400 user and new to this forum as well.

I am a little bit, frightened with this "Important Notice" paper inside the box. So i want to ask you which is the proper way to turn off FF400...I was collecting the money for a long time and i don't want to cause any damage.

Oh, and something else....When i instaled the drivers and the TotalMix at first i heard some clicks coming from my monitors when i played some music from itunes and i did avoid any hot-plugging for sure. Although the clicks now have stopped for some reason, odd! Any ideas about the clicks???

By the way, I am using the bus power and i am running it on an imac intel i7.

Re: Proper way to turn off FF400 ?

If the FF is not connected to an external power supply, you can turn it off with the switch in the back.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi,
I am wondering how to turn mine off too. I power mine with the external power supply provided not by firewire. when i turn off my pc the ff400 stays on. should i disconnect the power because if i leave it on i notice it can get rather hot. not sure what to do?!
thanks in advance.

You could use a master /slave power outlet. Not expensive and useful for other stuff around the computer too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks for the response. so in the case that i do not have a master/slave power outlet i should disconnect the device when not in use? or is it designed to stay on 24/7?