Topic: RME FF400 Problem..??

I have been using this FF400 for almost 3 years with no problems at all.
Recently i have formatted my computer and the FF no longer would get detected anymore.
Is there anything that might have caused this, and what would be the best way to find out.

I had this problem before but i forgot how i got around it, i really should of wrote it down.
The RME still powers up through bus and Ext power, and i have bought new Firewire cards and new firewire cable.
It is not the PCI slot because that appears fine on device manager, I am thinking that the RME might be bugged or something like that.

Re: RME FF400 Problem..??

Did you reinstall the FF drivers?

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

How can i do that if the FF is not being detected ??
smile i think ill just be sending it back to RME in Germany due to the lack of help i am receiving here,
no one seems to know what the problem is even the dealers who sold it to me..
I have not been able to do anything for a month now and this has affected my work flow and possibly slowed me down..
Sometimes i think i should have went with a Motu or a USB FF

Recently i have formatted my computer and the FF no longer would get detected anymore.

Based on this information it´s probably not a hardware problem of the Fireface.

Does it appear in the device manager? Is it a Windows 7 system?

best regards
Knut

Is there any unknown device in the device manager?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by osmanoc 2011-02-17 13:54:42)

I have tried it on XPSP3 Windows 7 and OSX 10.5.6. (which i have installed the mac driver and went through the mac steps)
I have also tried it on my friends computer which whom also has a fireface 400, and mine still does not work on his computer.
Nothing appears on device manage,

Thanks for the replies.

Had a similar problem on my laptop yesterday. After HDD crash I installed Windows 7. FF400 was not detected, I thought. In the hardware view of the control panel there was one unknown device. I tried to install the FF400 driver (manually) for this device and it worked.
Gr
Peter