Topic: Gain levels in FFUC

Hi,

I've installed my FFUC with the new TotalMix software on my Mac Pro but for the life of me I can't figure out how to set input gain. In the driver (Fireface USB Settings) there is only a +4/-10 switch, but I distinctly remember having once seen faders for each channel there... In the new TotalMix I couldn't find anything either.

Pushing the button on the interface and selecting a channel for modification changes the "Hardware Outputs" fader in the TotalMix software, which is not what I want. I just need to set the input gain (e.g. my synth input is too low, while another is too hot, and I want them to have the same metering levels in TotalMix when the software faders are at unity).

Please help, thanks.

Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66, SL 10.6.6, Fireface UC firmware v112, driver v1.49

Re: Gain levels in FFUC

I guess we'll get this question every day now smile

Click the wrench/spanner icon on the input channel in TotalMix FX.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, I did that before posting, I only see Phase/MS Proc, width and stereo grouping. No gain. I know my way around mixers but this is completely baffling...

OK, my bad, I was looking at the 5/6 inputs. I just saw the gains in the Mic/Inst inputs, but wasn't there a possibility to set line gain separately for 5/6 and 7/8 as well?

No, just a global setting for these channels, +4/-10/Hi Gain.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

OK, thanks a lot. smile