Topic: using madiface and cardbus pcmcia card simultaniously

Hi,

is it possible to use the madiface for the audio inputs and the digiface midi ins/outs and some audio adat outputs for monitoring via a cardbus pcmcia card together in one laptop at the same time ? Laptop is an acer with windows xp with a pcmcia slot and an expresscard slot.

Thanks for advice!

Peter

Re: using madiface and cardbus pcmcia card simultaniously

Basically yes, our driver supports that. But there is no safe info that your hardware can handle it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Another question would be whether you can physically install both cards... This would only work if the two slots are on both sides of the latop. If they are on top of each other, it will  not work, unless you have the old, flat Cardbus and the Cardbus slot is below the Expresscard slot.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you Mr. Fuchs,

that describes my problem exactly. The slots are on the same side of the laptop and unfortunately the ExpressCard slot is below the PC Card slot. I tried to work out the length of the ExpressCard but I can´t find an information on RME website. But with your information now, I have to work out a different solution to have some physical midi ports in my environment.

Peter