Topic: playback speed problem with ff800

hello,

i am having an intermittent  problem with playback speed from my daw.  i am using a high sample rate of 32bit at 192khz.  the daw (cockos reaper), will record tracks but then play them backat 4 times the speed through the ff800.  i can cheat by taking the playback speed down to 0.25 to hear the tracks played properly.  i cannot do anything usefull with the project however as any mixdown plays back again at 4x speed.  i have tried other daws i.e. cubase le4 and adobe audition 3 and still get the same problem.

this is intermittent as other projects at the same sample rate play without a hitch. i have a windows xp 32 system with intel core 2 duo, 3ghz with 3.25gb of ram.  hard disks are defragged and clean, the firewire card has a t.i. driver, latest version, rme latest drivers.

this is driving me nuts, any pointers would be much appreciated.

Re: playback speed problem with ff800

Disable DDS in the FF 800 Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hi Matthias, i have dds disabled at all times so this is not the issue, thanks for the reply. any other suggestions?

Then I need more info from the FF Settings dialog. With active playback what does it say in the clock sections? Screenshot would be best.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hello matthias, link as follows http://img688.imageshack.us/i/ff800.jpg/

n.b. i have tried different buffer settings (ignoring latancy but just to try and get it working) but to no avail, thanks for your help

What I see in the screenshot can not work. At 192 kHz you have to use the highest buffer size (1024), others will most probably not work. 1024 at 192 kHz is the same as 256 at 48 kHz, so that is not too much. And you do not use the latest driver (3.034), which removes 96 and 128 samples automatically at 192 kHz.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hello Matthias,  many thanks for your reply.  i will make these adjustments and see if it makes a difference, I will report back if I have the issue again.  many many thanks for your help.