Topic: hdsp64.sys crashes

Hi everyone... brand new problem.

New PC, running Windows 7 (64-bit).  Same (Syncrosoft) dongle I've been using for years.

Running Cubase 5.5.2 (64-bit)... which worked fine until today.

Just installed a new RME RayDAT (main card is Rev.1.2, daughter card is Rev.1.1).

Then installed GigaStudio 4.01 (64-bit).

Now, every time I do one of two things:

(1) launch GigaStudio, or

(2) launch Cubase after I've launched GigaStudio,

an error message pops up that says:

Soft-elicenser doesn't have enought permissions to run properly.  Please run LCC to fix this problem."

[the mis-spelled "enought" is in the actual error message]

If I click "OK," the programs continue to load... but then, when I try to assign a MIDI port in a MIDI track in Cubase (one of RME's special low-latency GSIF MIDI ports) Giga crashes.  Then, as I try to close Windows, RME driver hdsp64.sys crashes and causes a "PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES" Blue Screen.

I've had this problem with eLC software v6.1.4.1049, and then with v6.1.4.1050 (which is the current version).  I've also had these problems with v3.083 and v3.085 of the RME driver.

Incidentally, I have no idea what the "Soft-eLicenser ( SeL)" is, as there was no such thing when I started using this dongle.  When I launch the eLicenser Control Center, I see all of my licenses in the "USB-eLicenser" panel, but there are no licenses in the "Soft-eLicenser ( SeL)" panel.  Should there be any?  Cubase seems to think so...

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks!!

Re: hdsp64.sys crashes

Soft eLicencer is Steinberg, please ask them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: hdsp64.sys crashes

I've done that. 

But, since the only visible problems after the error message involve (1) the RME driver and (2) my attempts to select the RME GSIF MIDI port, I thought that I should ask here as well.