Topic: [Solved] Babyface routing?

I just bought a brand new babyface, installed the new drivers from the website and its still not working.
Tried plugging 2 usb cords in - didn't work.

This is quite frustrating as now I have to revert to my old interface.

Any suggestions?

Re: [Solved] Babyface routing?

More details please. What do you mean by "not working"? What type of computer and OS?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I am using windows 7 64bit
8 gigs of ram
core i7
It is not producing any sound at all.

You will have to be more detailed with your explanations if you want help.

What is the source of the audio? Software application (which one) or input (which one)? If you open up the TotalMix FX window, do you see any meter activity?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

The source of audio is my computer, the software I am using is toontrack solo. I have connected my TD12 to the midi in of the breakout cable, and use superior drummer 2.2.3.  I do see meter activity even when I hit the pads on my drumset and click on specific drums in toontrack solo. But I hear nothing when connecting my headphones to the Babyface outputs.

To me, it sounds like there is no problem here, except that you did not route anything to the Phones out in the bottom row of Totalmix. It will help if you review the section for Totalmix in your Babyface manual.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Could you perhaps explain how to do so? Its usually been plug and play for my other interfaces.

Select the Phones output in the bottom row (the target) then pull up the faders in the middle row (source) that you want to send to the phones. Explained in detail in the manual.

This video should help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M23E1Njrc4

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

WOW thank you, it sounds amazing. I really appreciate it, I can't believe it was so simple. Thanks

Great, I edited your topic title so it's not causing confusion.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.