Topic: FF800 - Errors count until Host led is on !?

Hello Dear RME wink

well i had no errors b4 - today i was enter a webpage (that yesterday i watch the same tut - all was fine then) today i start to get audio dropouts and in settings dialog i see the Errors count 1 after 1 - every 2 to 5 sec i get 1 more drop\error - sometimes its get to more then 30 Errors count and then the fireface lose sync and the red host led turned on ! and no sound - when i turn off the unit and back on - nothing solve same results dropouts\errors now 99 errors and again host led turn on and ff800 out of order...

useful info :

specs - I7 950 - Mobo GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 - Ram 3 x 2G kingstone 1333 - TI chipset Firewire card (used with 400 original Cable)

all was working more then a year with this specs.

win7 64bit - Cubase 6 and 5.5.2 both 64bit - latest firmware and driver for FF800 - 3.034 and 2.77 !

i try to restart to see if the problem gone - no lack
i try to power off the PC and FF800 and both out of power socket for 2 min - no lack
i try to flash the FF800 firmware again - verify OK - no lack
this Dropouts\Errors happen in any media application  (Web\Media Player\Cubase\Asio)

im hope this info will help to solve this - im ready to troubleshot this problem - please help

Thanks for Ur time.

Re: FF800 - Errors count until Host led is on !?

Software updates in the last days?

Try

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

FW cable changed?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Nope in my case auto or manual updates is set to never - when i want to check updates i read to see if there is anything related to DAW platform and then i consider it - but basically i avoid it.

About the DPC what shuld i note back here ? how to preform this test ?

Thanks

Hi MC any news please ?

If it helps someone...
The computer does not run correctly until you have not determined the performance of your computer under VISTA with a new install.
I had crackling and audio playback interruption, I have none since I run this tool.
Crazy but real

The above case is a different one. Apart from that the only install you could give Vista is Win 7...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME